General Coffee used as Fuel Left Gauntlet Hose

starchild99

Hunter
I understand my thread is not screen accurate or accepted by the 501st.My Fett S/E is my own build.I know most Hunters dislike the Left Gauntlet to have a hose attached to the Rocket,I don't want to make people mad just share something different that's all. :)

1/2 Pack of Folgers Classic roast single serve pack
1/2 cup of water
22 inch PVC tubing 5/8 in diameter
Electrical tape tied very tight at both ends

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

So that is actual liquid coffee inside the hose?

Pretty cool. I put my hoses in coffee and let it sit there for a week. Coffee was gross afterwards but the results were great.

So that is actual liquid coffee inside the hose?

Pretty cool. I put my hoses in coffee and let it sit there for a week. Coffee was gross afterwards but the results were great.

It is Deriak Liquid Coffee...lol I was just messing around the other night and was thinking I'd try it worse case scenario I'd be staining my hoses from the inside.I played a lot of hockey growing up so tying the tape tight was easy for me...pretty much all I'm good at...no leaks so far...like I said I know most don't like the hose on the Gauntlet Rocket but I'm going to be different and give it a go for my S/E build.I appreciate your kind comments...thank u.

You know, I have also seen people putting a cable cord inside the tubes to give it that "filled" look. If you end up getting a leak one day or doesn't work out like you want it, that is a suggestion.

You know, I have also seen people putting a cable cord inside the tubes to give it that "filled" look. If you end up getting a leak one day or doesn't work out like you want it, that is a suggestion.

Your talking about extension cord wire? Black? That would be flexible also....Mabey I'll try that in the right Gauntlet until I blow a leak...lol

I understand my thread is not screen accurate or accepted by the 501st.My Fett S/E is my own build.I know most Hunters dislike the Left Gauntlet to have a hose attached to the Rocket,I don't want to make people mad just share something different that's all. :)

1/2 Pack of Folgers Classic roast single serve pack
1/2 cup of water
22 inch PVC tubing 5/8 in diameter
Electrical tape tied very tight at both ends

View attachment 55198View attachment 55199View attachment 55200View attachment 55203View attachment 55201View attachment 55202
Hey I’m trying to make my own costume. How did u go about attaching the fuel hose to the shoulder?

I also let my hoses sit in a bath of Coffee for about 72 hours - I used a Traveler of Starbucks Pike Place Roast, with this being the result....
Starbucks Traveler and Staining Bin.jpg

Gauntlet Hoses.jpg

Here it is pictured next to the unstained spool I had. Quite the difference, yeah?

Concerning TheMandalore 's question of:
Hey I’m trying to make my own costume. How did u go about attaching the fuel hose to the shoulder?

As you can see form the pic above I used some picture hangers that I got awhile back from Lowes. I sank in two bolts per hose (Probably overkill) and rigged it up to Stainless Steel Key Ring. Since I have an Arkady Flight Suit She puts in these handy dandy loops right in the sleeve which to attach them to. Here is an earlier idea I had, with them attached to a Carabiner.....
Hose and Flight Suit.jpg

So, just imagine it being shown with a key ring and not a carabiner. I have since abandoned the idea of using the carabiner and went with the Key Ring as it was more low profile. I found that with the carabiner if I bent my arm just right, the carabiner would show......and that'd be a no-go for me. ;)

Thanks,
-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back