Chest plate speaker

Thoar

New Hunter
I’ve found some threads mentioning that they had put the speaker behind the ab plate and had success with it. What I can’t find is what speaker they are using. Right now I have an Aker amp and have also purchased the boba Fett voice changer box. I have also wired 4 micro speakers in sequence but unfortunately they aren’t loud at all.
So if anyone has a better speaker solution for the ab plate or a micro amp that I can find, that’d be amazing

Here is the setup I designed and built. The speaker is behind my ab plate, the sound board is behind the right chest piece, and the wireless transmitter is inside the barrel of my EE-3 with small pushbuttons on the side next to the trigger.
Here is a video of my kit:

My kit uses a 3 watt amp and speaker, and I tweaked the sound files in Audacity to boost the gain a bit to make them a little louder. The kit along with my chest display are powered from a single 5V USB power pack (it has a always on feature so it doesn't shut off by itself).

My kit uses a 3 watt amp and speaker, and I tweaked the sound files in Audacity to boost the gain a bit to make them a little louder. The kit along with my chest display are powered from a single 5V USB power pack (it has a always on feature so it doesn't shut off by itself).
If you don’t mind me asking, what amp and speaker did you buy for it? I’m using the Helicalhypercom Boba Fett voice changer with my mic and Aker amp. Just want to move the sound to the ab plate since the Aker is to bulky and only option is the side pouch for it

are you running your speakers in parallel or series? if you've got them in series you're running them more safely, but every speaker in series doubles the impedance. if you're amp is pushing 3 watts at 8 ohms, but you have four speakers in series, you're impedance is around 64 ohms and each speaker is only getting .375 watts.

running them in parallel isn't as safe for the speakers, but it greatly increases the loudness. impedance gets cut in half for every speaker in parallel and the watts are essentially doubled, meaning your impedance (again with the 3 watt amp at 8 ohms) would be 1 ohm and each speaker would be getting 24 watts.

a good balance would be to run series to speakers 1 and 2, then parallel from 2 to 3, and then series 3 to 4. i can't do the math in my head for that right now, but you'd end up with something much closer to 3w @8 ohms than just by going full series or parallel.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back