Celebration London 2023

I decided to take a flight after 20 years never having even seen an airport. With my Boba Fett costume. That will be interesting, I have already started to worry whether all of my stuff will be with me or on its way to the other side of the world. But as my clan (the German chapter of the Mandalorian Mercs) will be there as guests of the British chapter, it has to happen.

There are not many stiff costume parts, but as the jetpack is a part of that costume, there will be no way for cabin luggage only. Luckily, I won't need three grand evening gowns, so I have some space in my check-in-luggage (although also not too much, as I noticed to my dismay. I was stupid enough to glue the missile in BEFORE I decided to go). Ah well, now it's too late for regrets. Hope tons of bubblewrap will do it. For better recognition, I will put a big Mythosaur skull on the box, just in case.

Guess I will simply wear the entire lower half, as those pants and workboots weigh a ton, and they are nice and warm. But not the belts (the blaster belt might interesting during check-in). Also, I cannot sit really well with the girthbelt, as I wear it no really on my hips, but lower down.

I decided to take a flight after 20 years never having even seen an airport. With my Boba Fett costume. That will be interesting, I have already started to worry whether all of my stuff will be with me or on its way to the other side of the world. But as my clan (the German chapter of the Mandalorian Mercs) will be there as guests of the British chapter, it has to happen.

There are not many stiff costume parts, but as the jetpack is a part of that costume, there will be no way for cabin luggage only. Luckily, I won't need three grand evening gowns, so I have some space in my check-in-luggage (although also not too much, as I noticed to my dismay. I was stupid enough to glue the missile in BEFORE I decided to go). Ah well, now it's too late for regrets. Hope tons of bubblewrap will do it. For better recognition, I will put a big Mythosaur skull on the box, just in case.

Guess I will simply wear the entire lower half, as those pants and workboots weigh a ton, and they are nice and warm. But not the belts (the blaster belt might interesting during check-in). Also, I cannot sit really well with the girthbelt, as I wear it no really on my hips, but lower down.
You may want to ship a big safe box to your hotel instead.

After having expressed my worries in the Mando Mercs forum, it was confirmed that it is totally okay to leave the jetpack at home, as Boba is also seen without it (e.g. when he flies Slave I). Now I will see whether it is possible to cram everything else into the boarding luggage. Otherwise, I do not need much (for my live out of costume).
Now I am much more looking forward to the event.

That sounds highly interesting. I will see whether I can be there.

Still hoping for a certain name to appear in the guest lineup...but there is still hope.

This thread is more than 12 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back