Brokk's Pre-Pro 2 Build (WiP)

Just posted the Pre-Pro #2 flamethrower model to my 3D Models thread ==> RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects.

PP2 Flamethrower.jpg

PP2 Flamethrower 09.jpg

PP2 Flamethrower 10.jpg

Nice pickup on the calculator! I was stressed cutting mine!

It was a bit stressful here as well. Slow and easy did the trick. Just need to sand the sides now to smooth them out.

You want these ? going to list on eBayView attachment 168665

Ive been heavily debating on what I should do regarding the gloves and have considered yours. However since this is planned to be the CRL suit, Im going to stick with trying to source military parade/ cotten gloves and try dying them, etc. Thanks for letting me know about them :)

Update

Been a bit since Ive posted a log. Ive been battling away with the flamer mostly... Massive OCD trying to find metal parts that can work and getting them to fit correctly.

Ive settled tho on a cooper coupling I found randomly at Lowes. Cut it down and added a holder inside to hold the nozzle, which is yet to be settled on. Rough fitted before epoxy just to get an idea of the look.

***base of the nozzle is loose for now until I get it where I want
20181014_192242.jpg
20181014_192428.jpg

received_1108588902639235.jpeg

More found parts..
Heres some of the found parts layed out (excluding the knee darts).

When I attempt the gloves, I was going to experiment which patch color base would react well with the rit dye.

20181014_191402.jpg
20181014_193359.jpg

To be continued...

Been busy with the flame unit; experiancing maddening OCD. Progress on it thus far, loose fitted.

20181024_174555_1540418864684.png
20181024_174613.jpg

Im hoping to getting around to posting the hardware store parts Ive used but Ive been through so many I've lost track of what lable goes to what. So at somepoint Ill go to the store and match things from memory

To be continued...

Hey Brokk it was great to meet you in Richmond at the con Saturday. I was the Ghostbuster running around with Wonder Woman. You're the first person from TDH I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and it was cool as hell because I've been following this bad-ass build since May. I can't wait to see this one finished. Pre Pro2 is easily my second fav Fett look and you're absolutely killin it. l

Hey Brokk it was great to meet you in Richmond at the con Saturday. I was the Ghostbuster running around with Wonder Woman. You're the first person from TDH I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and it was cool as hell because I've been following this bad-ass build since May. I can't wait to see this one finished. Pre Pro2 is easily my second fav Fett look and you're absolutely killin it. l

Dude it was awesome to meet fellow Dent as well!! Post a build thread up when you start plugging away at your Fett build- it's interesting to see them develope over time. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or wanting to see parts in person if need be

--------

Flame thrower unit

For right now, I'm calling the main portion of the flame thrower body DONE until I get the electrode matched to the reference. Its been a real pain in the rear to get it to this point. Here's some pics of it jury-rigged to the left upper shell:

**A few shots were mirror selfies so it looks flipped

DSC02278.JPG
DSC02280.JPG
DSC02282.JPG

In regards to the white rings on the nozzle portions, I decided to go with nylon washers instead of metal so I would be able to trim them down easier and also reduce the weight a little. There's a total of 5 small non-metal pieces to this unit, with everything else being brass, steel, and aluminum

Gloves

You probably noticed the cotton gloves, I bought a couple pair on amazon to test colors on. They have snap closer at the cuff and other features that mimic the ones in the reference photos. Also, I got a couple boxes of Rit dye Coco Brown to play with

DSC02286.JPG

So, goals for next log...
  1. The results of dying the gloves
  2. Apply some filler primer on the gauntlet upper shell then wet sand
  3. Lastly, fill the dents on the body armor parts with either apoxie sculpt or bondo

To be continued...

Last edited:
Its the only part that's making me nervous as Ive never dyed anything before. But we'll see what happens

Yeah it's stressful! Trial and error for sure. I found that with my old MOW flight suit a few washes in cold water lightened it up. I'm sure you'll do well with the gloves!

Left Gauntlet Progress

Hey guys, it's been a while since the log. Since, I've mainly been working gauntlet and put one coat of primer filler on it. Never got around to putting a second coat after wet-sanding it since it turned cold, so I'll have to slap another round of it on once it gets warmer. Also some heavy metals from Machinecraft arrived- the rocket looks glorious on its throne.

To come, going to get a Glennross dental expander printed in polished bronze...I've pretty given up searching for an actual one.

DSC02332.JPG
DSC02334.JPG

PS some dental files came as well for the right gauntlet and jetpack.

DSC02326.JPG

Gloves (Dyed base)

The first dye with the gloves was a good start. Those patches tho took some tie to soke up the dye, like 6hrs of stirring and adding more. I was afraid of overing doing it so I took my time. Both the gloves and patches are air drying and hopefully will turn out ok tomorrow.

In terms of how I dyed, I guesstimated from the picture of Sandy dying the gloves 40yrs ago, that the container with liquid dye was roughly 2 liters or so. With adding the dye itself, I eyeballed the amount as I gently added some to the hot water, then added some salt. Once it was mixed, I placed the gloves in the dye bath from roughly 30 minutes and stirred it.

DSC02330.JPG

RF light kit

One of Machinecraft products that also came was a hallowed RF stalk, then TF hooked me up with one of his top notch rf toppers made to fit one of Jc's light kits. They all work perfectly...just need to drill some holes in the ear cap and helmet.

DSC02321.JPG

Just to add, some small things that wern't shown,

- Installed a metal Borden connector into the helm
- Filled most of the ESB dents in the hero armor
- Preparing to create PP-2 dents

Next to come I'm not sure. Will likely be:

- Finally calling the helmet done once I install the MQ-1 board and new RF set up
- A follow up on the gloves and patches once they dry out.
- Maybe a air compressor to start painting.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Those gloves came out great!

Also, let me know how the printed dental expander comes out! I want one too!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back