Boushh Boushh Helmet 3D

Discussion in 'Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters' started by tbone9600, Apr 16, 2016.

1. tbone9600

tbone9600 Active Member

Hey all,

I've been working on this for a couple weeks now, and It's been a real pain in the rear at times, but I'm finally comfortable with how it looks. My ultimate goal is to get this to the point I can 3D print it and start a Boushh costume for my wife. I know its not absolutely perfect but I'm still learning this whole 3D thing.

Boushh Helmet Top.jpg Boushh Helmet FR.jpg Boushh Helmet FRL.jpg Boushh Helmet FRR.jpg Boushh Helmet L.jpg Boushh Helmet R.jpg Boushh Helmet Rear.jpg Boushh Helmet RL.jpg Boushh Helmet RR.jpg

Boushh Helmet Top.jpg

Boushh Helmet FR.jpg

Boushh Helmet FRL.jpg

Boushh Helmet FRR.jpg

Boushh Helmet L.jpg

Boushh Helmet R.jpg

Boushh Helmet Rear.jpg

Boushh Helmet RL.jpg

Boushh Helmet RR.jpg

SingaFett, shenphong and Badgerdash like this.
  2. toolguy301

toolguy301 Active Member

That looks great. It is a hard helmet to design. This is something I have been working on off & on myself & can fully concur that it is a pain. Very interested in seeing how this comes out.

3. tbone9600

tbone9600 Active Member

Thanks! I used every bit of new reference I could find and everything I have collected over the last 10 years or so. It's crazy how many things have changed since I started saving stuff.

4. Artakha

Artakha (Formerly le1120)

Nice man. That is some excellent work you have there. Might I dare ask if I could use this file too? I have a 3D printer that I like to use for these sorts of projects...Much obliged if you would be so generous.

5. Badgerdash

Badgerdash Jr Member

Looks great. Keep posting your progress.

6. Cplnobbie

Cplnobbie New Member

Very nice

7. Silverstalker

Silverstalker Active Member

How is this build going? I am also looking to do a Boushh for my Girlfriend, wonder if I can get some scaling measurements from you as I am having trouble on knowing how big to make this thing?

8. tbone9600

tbone9600 Active Member

I finally got it all sectioned out to convert over to printable format but I haven't started printing yet. I need to get an enclosure built for my printer so I can get a better print with ABS as it seems to glue together easier and better than PLA. I see many hours of printing to get it done. I'll definitely throw up images when I start printing. The model is 11.5 total height and width from the widest points and the length is just a hair under 13 inches.

Burgs and Silverstalker like this.
  9. Silverstalker

Silverstalker Active Member

Thanks that gives me a good startng point, lots of pictures Tbone, LOTS and lots of pictures :D I dont have a 3D printer so it will be scratch built. I am trying to build a reference libary over the coming months so I can start the build in the winter. (y)

10. Burgs

Burgs New Member

Thats some great work man.
    I too would greatly appreciate the files if you're willing to share your awesome work

Sent from my SM-G930F

11. djaidan

djaidan Jr Member

Do you plan on sharing these files when you are done?

Sent from my ZUK Z1

12. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

I was thinking about doing this for my wife. Unfortunately, she won't do slave Leia, so it is either Boushh or Tantive IV Leia.

13. Burgs

Burgs New Member

Bump on this topic.
    Keen to print this too

Sent from my SM-G930F

14. gcpcoelho

gcpcoelho New Member

Amazing! Do you intend to share (or sell) this model? My wife asked me to build this helmet for her.

15. tk675

tk675 Jr Member

Oh man! I would love to make one for my wife. That looks great! what 3D program is that?

16. djaidan

djaidan Jr Member

hows this coming along?

17. Snips

Snips New Member

18. Ubese

Ubese New Member

19. alvomedia

alvomedia Member

I'll have to agree with Ubese. The proportions are off, and it really doesn't look right.

20. Snips

Snips New Member

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks for your comments. Looking to get a Boushh helmet that will take less than 6 months to get to me!

21. alvomedia

alvomedia Member

Look into getting one from Sandman (Todd). He's got the best Boushh kits out there, in my opinion. Very nice, an accurate resin casts. I've dealt with him on several Boushh helmet paint ups and usually receive the kit's within a month, or 2 at the very outside. Usually he is pretty fast at getting a kit made up.

Good luck on your build!

22. Snips

Snips New Member

I was going to PM you but I can't, would u be able to send me on his details?

23. alvomedia

alvomedia Member

PM sent

24. volde

volde New Member

Any update on this? I've been scouring the net for a Boushh helmet .STL file to 3D Print. This is the closest I've come! Would love to see progress, and inquire if you're willing to share your STL! Thanks :)

25. tbone9600

tbone9600 Active Member

Hey all,
    Sorry for not replying, sooner. I had a heart attack and LVAD placement in November and am in the recovery period. Since I'm not allowed to work right now and have some new found free time, I have been test printing these pieces the past couple of days to make sure they look right. So far everything is looking pretty good. I have a few of the other parts that I will be working on over the next couple weeks and i plan to put it all together as a package deal. Again, I'm sorry for not getting back with everyone in a timely manner.

~Troy