Boushh Build WIP - Iron's Daughter

Got2bfett

Active Hunter
Love the girth belt too. Doesn’t seem like much left however 9 points , it is sneaky how much there is to do. Love the ET costume story. It got me thinking about my first Star Wars costume I threw together with a friend. It was Darth Vader but man was it raw and not even close to acceptable to 501 st standards. I had Nike high tops that I-painted black and had black pants and a shirt. No chest box, shin armor, or chest armor. I was 14 and a buddy of mine dressed up us a ghost buster and we walked into a local hospital and asked if we could go to the pediatrics ward and visit with the young kids. The nurses said it was ok and we went in. I was kind of nervous and a little embarrassed being a freshmen in high school dressed up on a Saturday night. But the kids loved us! It was amazing to see the smiles on some sick kids faces , who were stuck in a hospital where they DID not want to be. I still think of this when I see people in this great hobby doing troops and it makes me smile , almost as much as some of those kids back in 1984.

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
**Small Update**

I finished the Clan Belt Greeblies and installation of them. Even though this is a Level II Cert thing for the 501st, I think they give the Clan Belt that extra little bit of character!
Whole Clan Belt.jpg

Clan Belt - Finished Greeblies.jpg

And with the Chicago Screws epoxied in place, they are not going anywhere.
1653351503714.png

Clan Belt - Chicago Screws.jpg

Again, just a small update. We'll catch you when I got some more stuff done - Hopefully soon!
1653351567154.png

Best,
-Iron

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Found some time to do the install of the Boot Greeblies to the Boot Covers/Spats. My intention is to install grommets - Like how I did my Fett Flak Vest. If you recall I countersunk some nuts into the Boot Greeblie....
Countersunk Nuts into the Greeblie.jpg

1. Got the work station situated and all tools needed are out!
2. Concentrating on my Left Boot Cover/Spat.
3. Lay down my paper template mark and cut out as the nut placements are not exact and eyeballed.
4. Installed the Grommets - the Grommets I used had zero wiggle room so I had to be exact with this.
5. Ensured the Bolts fit without issue - Screwed on the Boot Greeblie.
6. Showing you the reverse side.
7. Repeat for the Right Side Boot Cover/Spat - and here it is completed!
Boot Cover and Greeblie Install.jpg

Both look really good - and this method ensures that they are not going anywhere - nor will they spin out of place. Next step is to slap some paint and weather these bad boys up a bit!

On another note, I got someone working on the Turtleneck Dickie/Neck Seal. Hoping that'll be done this next week!

More to come!

-Iron

Last edited:

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
**Yet Another Update**

At the mere mention of Metal Greeblies & Parts, I know we all go....
Minions Excitement.gif

....and I'm no different!

So....I held off doing the antenna part on my daughters helmet because I wanted to give it that extra special something. Earlier on, during my research for this build last year, I found myself on the RPF site late one night and found a guy who was selling Aluminum Metal Antenna's for the Boushh Helmet. (This was before I received my Sandman kit) Since it was the last one he had available, I impulsively bought it. I didn't think it was too bad for $40.00 and it got some nice write ups about it. That said, I thought nothing of it. I know, shame on me for NOT doing more research. Here is that piece....

1655260832790.png

(If anyone wants this piece, I'm more than happy to donate it - and cut my $40.00 loss. Just PM me!)

And when I finally got my Sandman Kit, I compared the two....
Corellian Exports - Boushh Antenna - Pic 2.jpg

As you can see, not exactly a match. I was kinda bummed. But I didn't give up. I looked all over for one but just couldn't find one that anyone made and sold. And so, I went in search of local machine shops that may be willing to make the piece for me. And I found one in Bellevue, WA, which is cool because it is only about 20 miles from me. The shop is called "Limited Productions". Just last week (Monday) I brought them the Sandman resin antenna piece and asked for it to be duplicated in Aluminum. The gentleman I spoke with said since he had nothing else to work with that he'd have to draw this up by hand and then use a computer program to get it all dialed in.

The end result? Nothing short of amazing...
1655265626945.png

And size wise compared to Sandman's Antenna Resin Greeblie?
Size Comparison.jpg

I mean, I think this is as close as you can get to the Sandman resin variant, in aluminum. I also thought it was cool that he made the stem removable....
1655307671834.png

....which I'll hit with JB Weld for that permanent bond!

I haven't tapped the hole yet in the larger antenna piece, but here it is on top of that larger antenna piece!
Metal Antenna on Large Antenna.jpg

As we all know, something magical happens when we apply metal greeblies, pieces and parts to our builds! You just......can't emulate that with paint - at least I can't. I'm going to finish the antenna portion of the helmet build now and it should be done and installed next week sometime.
1655266365937.png
1655266371503.png

So stay tuned!

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
One step at a time. So today I'm here to talk about another Level II Cert thing. But in my eyes, is quite easy to do and if it lends to additional visuals to the costume, then why the heck not? So here is how the 501st calls this Level II Certification item out....
501st - Collar Armor - Suede Pad.jpg

Again very subtle but visible on the Screen Pics....
Boushh - ROTJ.jpg

And even in the behind the scenes pics...
9a214391a8dc03d79b254a1461cfff17.jpg

I got some of the same material that Alvomedia used for the Beige Suede Boot Covers and some foam and wrapped it and sew'd it together. Once installed, this was the result....
Pad - Pic 1.jpg

Pad - Pic 2.jpg

Crazy I know, but what can I say? Hahaha! And the fun continues!
1655782140873.png

-Iron