Bolts on Shoulder (and cod?)

Jedi Bob

Well-Known Hunter
What is everyone using for the 4 shoulder bolts that connect the neck and back plate? They kind of look like keyboard keys.

Excalibur

Active Hunter
I think I read somewhere about using furniture pads for those. you know the ones you put on the bottom of legs of a couch or something.

Tabomabi

Active Hunter
There are little stoppers. Not quite for legs on furniture but for doors and door handles that work well, if I remember correctly they are a little small though. Hope this helps.

webchief

Well-Known Hunter
I used the furniture thingys. They go on the bottoms of chair legs so you don't scratch up your floors.

BobaFettish

Well-Known Hunter

DL44 Blaster wrote:

Got me a set of Deans purty machined ones last year :)

Steve
Mmmmmm, metal. :) I'm using cast resin ones for the time being until these become available again {hint, hint}.

Spidey2222

Active Hunter
I just made one out of wood and then cast them out of resin. I haven't painted them yet but here is a pic. It gives me a chance to put a small bolt in them while they are setting up. I think people have also used keyboard keys. There not too hard to make so good luck!

Blastech

Active Hunter
I tried keyboard keys a while back. I sanded them flat (the bottoms were slanted) and then filled them with epoxy. I tried sitting a bolt into them, but when the whole thing would screw down, the bolt would always come off. Next I made some out of sculpy (sp?) and I set the bolts in while they were cooking. Didn't work. The all broke into tiny pieces when I tried screwing them on. Does anyone just use snaps for connecting the back and collar and put decorative glued down cubes? I'm out of ideas

Jedi Bob

Well-Known Hunter
I bought the plastic pieces for the furniture, but they somehow don't seem high enough. Did I buy the right ones???

R

Rodann

DL44 Blaster wrote:

Got me a set of Deans purty machined ones last year :)

Steve
Damn. I was going to ask if anyone was interested in a set of aluminum ones.:facepalm I'm making them for myself, and it's actually easier to make a BUNCH. Like a machined waffle.:p I'll have to check with Dean to see if he still has them.

BobaFettish

Well-Known Hunter
If Dean O isn't going to be making them anytime soon, I'd be down for a set of yours, price pending of course. ;)

R

Rodann

Well, I'm still waiting to find out from Dean. I figure $7 a set (of 4), shipped. I won't be doing a HUGE amount. Probably in the area of 36- 72 (9-18 sets). For now.;)

DL44 Blaster

Well-Known Hunter
Don't forget about the two on either side of the cod peice,butt plate.Giving a total of 6.There is a specific press photo of ROTJ Fett where you can clearly see a shoulder bolt on the cod where it must hold the cod/butt on. :)

Steve

R

Rodann

Crap, I just realized I hijacked.:eek:
Sorry about that, it just occurred to me now.

I didn't know if the two on the codpiece were confirmed or not. Hell, I just thought the "buttplate" was a shoulder strap pad or something. I'd say $10.50 for the set of 6, then. But I'll start a whole new thread, once I hear from Dean. Sorry about that. Bad manners.

R

Rodann

I made some tonight. They're almost done. I'm doing them in stages, so no finished pics yet, but I should be done by this weekend, maybe Monday. I think I made too many. It took way too long.

I guess I'll go start a thread.;)

O

O. F. Fett

Does any one have a pic for reference of where these go?
I'm working on a Jango but I must have missed something.
Thanks
O.F.