The Unofficial History of Boba Fett's Costumes

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 11.12.58 PM.png

Last edited:
I think you should difference RotJ stunts from the SE RotJ, because someone may understand they all are casts from the ESB. I do not know how to make it right, but something has to be modified to understand the RotJ stunts are casts but the SE is not.

Also, only 4 helmets were painted white so maybe the ESB and PP3 shouldn't be white prototypes but directly from the master with a note saying *modifyed to add dent or something like that.

BTW, are you keeping the old names instead of plubicity/tour suits and prototypes?

I agree with KaanE here. Also you should reverse the 2 ROTJ stunts, more exactly the one with the foam right ear and rangefinder should be #2, as it was painted later.

Also, only 4 helmets were painted white so maybe the ESB and PP3 shouldn't be white prototypes but directly from the master with a note saying *modifyed to add dent or something like that.

BTW, are you keeping the old names instead of plubicity/tour suits and prototypes?

So, I think the question is "is it better to show that the ESB and PP3 came from dentless grey/black helmets with no photos of them or to just leave the photo of a dentless white helmet to help visualize some of the changes?"

I haven't decided what to do about the names. When I had them changed previously in another thread, people thought it was going to be epicly confusing to start calling them what they should have been called in the first place. I want to avoid putting "it's now called this, but it was previously called that."

I am open to ideas.

Except the ESB helmet that was painted gray, we don't have evidence that the PP3 was painted black before Johnston started the painting process. Also we don't know the order when each dent was added.

Spent some time working on the cover. I don't like this one as much visually - mainly because of the screen used ESB photo being lower quality than the previously used RotJ SE version being front and center.

I tried to use as many photos true to the OT time period as possible. The Sandy helmet is one of the most limiting to making this symmetrical. The helmet placement is somewhat limited based on available photos of the helmets in various orientations - it's kind of like a Rubix Cube. Every time you move one, it messes another one up.

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 2.14.11 AM.png

I know it is easier to work with others ideas, but I would change the evolution like this (for now):
View attachment 194237
and boba87fett
very well so far. Not trying to push against Rafal, but I would like suggesting to reconsider putitng the 2 stunts under the RotJ Hero, as this is not a chronicle of helmet apparence but a chronic of the helmets themselves. And for this, the stunts were cast from the ESB, so imho thats where they should be situated next to.

Also we have not yet found a solution to finding a foolproof way of showing which helmet is actually the same helmet at a later date and what helmet was cast. I know, the dotted lines are supposed to symbolize this, I just think we can do better.
I suggest putting a rectangle around the helemts that are actually one helmet along with a sort of timeline arrow pointing downwards to symbolize passing time ( and episode-stages)

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back