The Unofficial History of Boba Fett's Costumes

It's the 1st ROTJ stunt. There is a borden like indentation, but it is barely visible:
IMG_1797 - Copy.jpg

boba87fett
Oh man ... that is cool! And so many observations to make... I love the picture of a bearded Jeremy in armor. Classic.

Only a few thoughts regarding your timeline...
Why do we stop with RotJ? In the previous material, we go all the way to RotJ SE and beyond. If its possible (space-wise), Id love to see ANHSE and RotJ SE mentioned here, too.

And... this is going to be a ultra devisive one... Well... maybe not, maybe im ther very only one that was thinking about that option. Then it wouldnt be devisive. Only make me look awkeward. :D
Boba in Episode 2 as an honorable mention?

boba87fett
Oh man ... that is cool! And so many observations to make... I love the picture of a bearded Jeremy in armor. Classic.

Only a few thoughts regarding your timeline...
Why do we stop with RotJ? In the previous material, we go all the way to RotJ SE and beyond. If its possible (space-wise), Id love to see ANHSE and RotJ SE mentioned here, too.

And... this is going to be a ultra devisive one... Well... maybe not, maybe im ther very only one that was thinking about that option. Then it wouldnt be devisive. Only make me look awkeward. :D
Boba in Episode 2 as an honorable mention?

Haha I’m definitely not interested in an Episode 2 honorable mention because he has no helmet.

I will think about extending the timeline to show the SE helmets. Ultimately there wasn’t really any “development” for the SE helmets though. They just got a little beat up from ’83-‘90’s. Ill think about adding the SE’s.

My question is about the LEDs and how fast they flash in the EFX helmet. I remember reading they said this is acurate through their research. After watching the black & white video with the all white Fett suit they show the rangefinder lights and they flash slower. What is truly correct?

My question is about the LEDs and how fast they flash in the EFX helmet. I remember reading they said this is acurate through their research. After watching the black & white video with the all white Fett suit they show the rangefinder lights and they flash slower. What is truly correct?

On the Supertrooper it is around 1/2 second for each LED or 1 second for the full sequence. In this video with the unboxing of an eFX BF helmet the LED's blink x3 times faster?
It is hard to tell which one is correct, but the Supertrooper one is a direct proof of the working rangefinder LEDs, while believing what a company states is subject to endless discussions. Also it is possible that a partially discharged battery will slow down the LED sequence.

How do I sign up for this book once it is finished?

I will let everyone know when it is finished. Hoping to have the 1st Edition released within a month. Might have to do an update once Season 2 of the Mandalorian introduces their Boba Fett Helmet.

The book won't be sold for profit. This is a labor of love and is the result of the information found and collected by the giants who went before me. I am mostly organizing what has already been discovered and adding in the photos and information I have been able to contribute.

Last edited:
I will let everyone know when it is finished. Hoping to have the 1st Edition released within a month. Might have to do an update once Season 2 of the Mandalorian introduces their Boba Fett Helmet.

The book won't be sold for profit. This is a labor of love and is the result of the information found and collected by the giants who went before me. I am mostly organizing what has already been discovered and adding in the photos and information I have been able to contribute.

I will merely facilitate placing the order with Shutterfly on behalf of the person wanting a copy and have it mailed directly to the person placing the order. These books aren't cheap though. Will probably end up at around $125 shipped. I will do my best to wait for sales and free shipping, but the price will fluctuate depending on sales.

This is what it would currently cost.

View attachment 195329
I am in !.....put me down for 1

I decided to work on adding two maps to the book that identify the developments of the helmets in England and California. This is my first go at the California map. I was able to obtain the addresses for Daydream Productions in Los Gatos, the Montgomery Chapel where Fett and Vader emerge for the San Anselmo Parade, the parade route, the location of where Joe Johnston painted the PP1 in San Rafael at ILM North (about 2 blocks from one of my fire stations) and the "Park House" where they filmed the ST video with Ben Burtt and Duwayne Dunham (and where I believe GL still lives.) I have several cool locations for the UK map as well. Please let me know if you have anything to add!

Development-Map.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back