Boba Fett ROTJ Costume Improved

russianman221

New Hunter
wp_ss_20151009_0002[1].pngwp_ss_20151005_0002[1].pngwp_ss_20151005_0003[1].pngwp_ss_20151005_0004[1].png Any Suggestions on what to improve? ( I know there's a lot, so please whatever you can contribute, please do)

I'm no authority on Fett, but it looks like you're using a Jango ammo belt. You can make a Boba one pretty cheaply with probably a yard of marine vinyl. Cost me less than 15 bucks at Joann's. You can make a pretty cheap girth belt too out of some red rope or white cotton clothesline dyed or painted red. I got mine at Home Depot, cost me 6 bucks. I got the buckles off old belts from a thrift store, only a buck each.\

While you're at the thrift store. look for some vintage looking ankle boots, preferably with the square toe. If they have the elastic sides, even better. You can paint these to look like Fett and they can look alright. I currently use a pair of Calvin Kleins painted grey and black with toe spikes I made. Real metal toes spikes on cheap old shoes.

You might also wanna mist your gauntlets with some black. Mine went from looking like this: boba.jpg

To this:11424664_898046446935152_8484339299145598429_o.jpg

Good luck on your kit!

It all comes down to what you want to do with the costume. Examining the pictures you posted, when compared to the screen accurate version, everything piece of your costume could be improved. If all you want is an outfit that conveys who you are dressing up as character wise at a con, I think your outfit does that quite nicely. Best of luck.

Also consider even just a chest kit from RKD. His prices are super affordable and IMO really opens up this community to more people. Like he says himself, they may not be 100% accurate, but they definitely get the job done well.

And my budget is pretty low, but I actually tried starting a jango costume. I am gonna use plaster of Paris for gauntlets molds, and fiberglass for the actual gauntlets. Sintra for armor and deluxe jango helmet. Is it good good idea? Once again thanks for all the help!
Max

And my budget is pretty low, but I actually tried starting a jango costume. I am gonna use plaster of Paris for gauntlets molds, and fiberglass for the actual gauntlets. Sintra for armor and deluxe jango helmet. Is it good good idea? Once again thanks for all the help!
Max

You would be better off getting a cheap Target helmet from ebay and swapping out the range finder. More accurate and cheaper.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back