boba fett prepro 1#

Ben

New Hunter
hi fellow fetts , im currently looking for help with a prepro 1 build looking for more pics on gauntlet flamethrower side and some info on whos building there own prepro
how they darken there suit it very esb but darker ? iv found some parts ie mbaker clip :) desent half pup cape etc my main concern will be paint job on the armour its very different looking at pictures. any help advice would be very apreciated spent time going for a rotj but there to many about and the prepro is stunning in it own right . hope to hear from some of you. was told mikeM might be able to help with the circle patches for the gloves ? or if anyone knows ... love and peace to all .ben

Which PrePro are you shooting for? NorCalCap did PP2 and it turned out great. If I recall PP2 shares a lot of similarities with PP1 but I am by no means an expect. You can find his build thread here PP2 Fett project start-up
His thread may have a lot of the information you are looking for. Are you planning on doing the pupil PP1 or the jaig "ears" PP1?? Cause I would suggest the jaig "ears" version for sure lol

Which PrePro are you shooting for? NorCalCap did PP2 and it turned out great. If I recall PP2 shares a lot of similarities with PP1 but I am by no means an expect. You can find his build thread here PP2 Fett project start-up
His thread may have a lot of the information you are looking for. Are you planning on doing the pupil PP1 or the jaig "ears" PP1?? Cause I would suggest the jaig "ears" version for sure lol

hi mate looking to do the pp1 with jaig ears etc just looks way different thanks for getting intouch with info and help .

hi fellow fetts , im currently looking for help with a prepro 1 build looking for more pics on gauntlet flamethrower side and some info on whos building there own prepro
how they darken there suit it very esb but darker ? iv found some parts ie mbaker clip :) desent half pup cape etc my main concern will be paint job on the armour its very different looking at pictures. any help advice would be very apreciated spent time going for a rotj but there to many about and the prepro is stunning in it own right . hope to hear from some of you. was told mikeM might be able to help with the circle patches for the gloves ? or if anyone knows ... love and peace to all .ben

Hey hopefully you see this,

Pre Pro 1 looks like a fun suit to do, not a really common suit people do so you should totally go for it. I recommend reaching out to jbdubz as he knows the details fairly well between the Pre Pros rigs.

For paint, I recommend Fett 4 Real , jbdubz , Major , superjedi or Darth Voorhees (I dont know if he still paints or not)

Here's some starting points as I've had to search for these for my Pre Pro #2 build I'm currently doing.

The Circle Patches:
1572724090234.png
1572724161855.png

United states army command patch --- US Army 7th Division patch
The patches come in 3 variants but you'll want either the olive green or tan ones. I'm not sure what the standard is but I believe the tan are more accurate due to dye test I've done while getting my brown base down for my gloves, then comparing them to my references.

The blaster:

You have some options like 3D printing, like RafalFett models. I know Stormrider should be working on a sling gun kit.
However, if you have some patience, you can find most of the real parts on ebay. The pistol handle and shoulder stock are Kaiser camera holders, while the barrel is a Hand Telescope. The barrel holder and under barrel attachments that you see in the references were fabricated for the gun and were no real part that we know of.

1572724655987.png

Gloves

I recommend getting Dent's brand...100% cotton. They are top quality. the dye job on them differs from the pre pro 2, as Pre Pro 1 appears to be more of a darker brown then a lighter brown. So maybe seek a dark brown, or chocolate brown dye. As for the padding details, not sure on the fabric.

Hope this helps, and if you come back to build one, def make a build thread!

Great tips right there Brokk. I would also suggest going with the tan version of the patches as they are closer to the actual Pre-Pro 1 coloring. If you can't find them though you can always fix it up with a little acrylic paint.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back