Bo Katan Questions

JediFran

New Hunter
hey all

I need some help - I have looked online and I am sorry that I haven't been able to find any answers

I am in the UK and need to find some suppliers for a few things

1. Boots. I have some boots already - but they are a little bit too high - I think I need shorter ones (I have attached a picture)
I have looked on eBay but not found anything

2. Paint - is there anybody who has any paint schemes for Bo Katan? Or do I just go with what looks good?? Seems not very 501st to me ;)

3. How do I attach the armor?
When I have a look online at the 501st scheme I cannot see ANY attachment for the armour at all? Is this a trick? Was the picture taken before the armour was attached? Or is it all hidden like it is on the Jango Fett armour? I have attached a picture again.

Thanks for any help

Fran
SL 6993

IMG_5587.JPG

image.jpg

Those boots do look a bit high, but as long as the spat piece covers everything you should be okay. My wife uses black Palladium shoes I bought on Amazon, they are canvas like Converse. The sole pattern is almost identical to Bo's in the show.

The helmet paint is pretty particular, but the rest is just gray heavily weathered. We used a dark wash over everything, I believe it was black and brown paint mixed with windex. A couple other pieces are painted other colors like the shins and shoulders, but for the most part that's what we did.

We attached all her armor pieces with heavy duty velcro, which I would suggest against. Go with snaps instead. Some pieces are okay, like most of the stuff on the upper body, but the shins popped off multiple times because of movement combined with getting caught on the foot spats. Also the crotch pieces don't like to stay put, also due to movement. You could start with velcro and slowly replace with snaps, might make it easier to know where everything goes and have some room for error. Snaps really have no room for error.

yjLBwpV.jpg

xS4vNDh.jpg

XJlVSVB.jpg

aO17pN7.jpg

We used the Brama Banjo boots from Wally World. Main paints were all Rustoleum: Sail Blue for most of the blues, Matte White, grey bases are simply the light grey Automotive primer, flat black and Metallic Charcoal for weathering. Do a LOT of edge weathering with white to match the on-screen look.

Bucket is from Cruzer here
Armor from KWD
Pack from EA, but Cruzer also makes a very nice version
gaunts from April Storm on MM
suit was custom made by someone who makes dance costumes locally, Supplex material

I hope that helps get you started. We had a really great WIP on the BHG, but Photobucket had to go and mess everything up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back