bmx potty + filler = helmet?

Earlier on in this thread i mentioned i would be attempting another ESB paint job. Well i started, before finishing my first. I've used the first helmet to correct colour and details. Thanks to John for his patience and imput on this "comissision". I've endevoured to turn the detail "knob" to max, i've been told the tick will subside with time...:lol:

DSCF0019_4.jpg

DSCF0018_3.jpg

DSCF0017_6.jpg

DSCF0013_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited to see this new version. If the previous version is any indication this one should be incredible. Almost ready to apply the silver base coat on mine.

Very nice TF, what are you using for the back sand colored stripes... I will be painting my dome this weekend and just finished buying all my paits but its never to late to hit the hooby shop. LOL :)

The sand coloured area on the back was Humbrol No. 28, the same as before, i just added a few drops of 103. Generally on this helmet i've increased contrast and intensity of colours a smidge to allow for the weathering stages...

Heres all the main colours on ESB No. 2. I've tweaked dome/cheeks and left ear colours. I used the nib of a self propelling pencil to 'push' the scratches through the paint layers, it gives a slight chipping effect that looks realistic close up. Hope you like the colour changes John!:)

DSCF0021_5.jpg

DSCF0020_5.jpg

DSCF0019_6.jpg

I love the left ear, the colors looks great.:)
I like the detail on the dome and cheeks. The color looks a little blue-ish at the top of the dome(pic 2 only)... hard to tell, might just be the pink background contrasting the helmet, it might just need a litttle black wash ;)

Overall..

I LOVE IT:eek:

Great Job(y) , and

THANK YOU
:cheers :cheers (y) (y) :cheers :cheers

That's your helmet?!?! :eek:
That helmet is going to be awesome!!! (y)
That is my badboy:)
TF was not kidding, he definately turned the detail knob to MAX;)
We discussed color tweaks from his original helmet for a couple weeks befor he started my helmet.....
And I am glad we did:cheers
AMAZING WORK BRO(y)(y)

Here's helmet No.2 with kill stripes ( on the R/H side ) compaired to my original ESB ..... As with all the colours, i've made them a little more intense to cope with the weathering stages....

DSCF0001_63.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back