Blaster finished / firing test

FettHam

Hunter
Finished my blaster mod. Installed an Electronics123 sound board and fitted USB/battery to rear. Cheese... yes. But I enjoyed the build and experience.

Here's the first test at the firing range aka soundbar

BF blaster.jpg

Thanks, I'll probably black them up later on. I was sick of looking at the thing by this point.

I think the way he holds it angled down will also help hide them.

FettHam - Is that a Rubies EE-3? A bit small in my opinion, but I also have one that I got simply to try and paint on. I followed this guys tutorial for painting it up:
He did a pretty amazing job on his - and he's a bit more entertaining to watch. Did you bore out the scope and barrel of the blaster? Also did you remove the screws on the stock and bog up screw holes? I did! I also eliminated any small gaps where you can see the plastic halves coming apart with Loctite.

(y)

I picked up a full size ROTJ EE-3 kit and am waiting to receive it.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
Irongladiator yes it's a Rubie's. I did watch his video, nice job he done especially in a day!

I had to take the whole thing to bits to fit the USB circuit board into the stock a route the cables. So I sanded/filled all the seams and holes when I was on. The scope is an real scope, so I had to slightly cut into the top to make it fit. Not sure it was worth it haha but I done it mostly to gain some experience.

Nice one, where did you pick that up from?

Irongladiator yes it's a Rubie's. I did watch his video, nice job he done especially in a day!

I had to take the whole thing to bits to fit the USB circuit board into the stock a route the cables. So I sanded/filled all the seams and holes when I was on. The scope is an real scope, so I had to slightly cut into the top to make it fit. Not sure it was worth it haha but I done it mostly to gain some experience.

Nice one, where did you pick that up from?

FettHam - Nice on the "Real" scope! I also picked up a real scope for my kit so that it looks a bit more authentic too. (I had thought that wasn't the Rubies Scope on it. ;) )

-Iron

Last edited:
FettHam
I realized I didn't tell you where I got the ROTJ EE-3 kit from. I got it from an Etsy builder who calls herself "AprilStormProps". she's out of Australia and is selling them for $105 for a DIY kit. Here is the link:
She also offers a built and painted kit for $205.00. I have no problem building it myself and painting it up, so I opt'd for the $105 DIY kit. The thing I like about her kit is that she uses a commercial printer and it is made out of ABS Plastic as opposed to consumer PLA. Which ABS is said to offer more durability and sand way easier than PLA. I have a PLA Jetpack kit that's on the way that I'm NOT looking forward to prepping/sanding. I have heard of this stuff called XTC-3D, which is supposed to work wonders when trying to cover up those pesky 3-D Print lines, so I may give that a look.

And again, I have a real scope that I acquired from Amazon that I intend to install on it. The scope I picked up is a Hatsan Optima 4X20 Scope. Here is the link:
(BTW I paid $9.99 for this, I now see it is $18.98......I musta got it on sale or something)

Will it be an screen accurate representation of the ROTJ EE-3? Probably not.......but I think it is very close and not a bad buy for $115.00 all in.

Thanks,
-Iron

Flykiller
I'm glad you found your answer. But I was gonna say I wasn't sure what you meant by....
Does anyone where I may find a tutorial that show how far the Rubies isn't accurate ?

I was just gonna toss up my size comparison pic since I have both the Rubies and a full size ROTJ EE-3 from AprilStormProps.
EE-3 Size Comparison.jpg

The Rubies measured in at about 25 inches.
The AprilStormProps variant came in around 33 inches.
I know 8" doesn't seem like much but just looking at the two of them....

Thanks,
-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back