General Biggest difference from ROTJ and SE fett?

-Half scope on blaster instead of the full scope on ROTJ suit.
-One hose on left gauntlet instead of 3.
-yellow kill stripes on helmet instead of orange/red.
-ESB paint-schemed helmet (Black upper cheeks instead of dark green, mint green on dome, etc.)

And those are the only ones I can think of. I know someone will have more to say on this than just that though.
[emoji6] .

Goodluck on your build man!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

This is a far bigger question than you might think. First thing is which scene are you comparing or are you talking promo shots......

If you want to see an excellent discussion on this topic go over to the Bounty Hunters Guild and look at the ROTJ SE thread for the CRLs. Fix yourself a drink and go to the bathroom before you start the thread because there is tons of info over multiple pages.

Most people will point to the helmet as the main difference, but there are many others including ammo belt, shin tools..........and on and on. But the thread on BHG really is a good read.

This is a far bigger question than you might think. First thing is which scene are you comparing or are you talking promo shots......

If you want to see an excellent discussion on this topic go over to the Bounty Hunters Guild and look at the ROTJ SE thread for the CRLs. Fix yourself a drink and go to the bathroom before you start the thread because there is tons of info over multiple pages.

Most people will point to the helmet as the main difference, but there are many others including ammo belt, shin tools..........and on and on. But the thread on BHG really is a good read.
Mullreel is a beast! I told you someone would know more about this than me!!

Look at the gallery photos. The promotional shots for ROTJ SE show that on the EE3 the scope is only half of a scope. Almost like it was cut in half and then attached to the gun. You can see this here.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gall...p11513-boba-fett-special-edition-costume.html

When the scenes were put into the film the EE3 had the full length scope just like it did in the scenes in ROTJ.

Which is one of the reasons why you should decide which version of the ROTJ SE suit you want to do because the promo shots and the film show different features, like Mullreel said.

The ROTJ SE Helmet is the actual ESB Helmet but has all the added extra wear from being moved around from storage to displays and such since the time of ESB. This in my humble opinion is the biggest difference because for the most part they used the same ROTJ suit just altered from its original filmed state and going with a different helmet that has different physical attributes along with a different color scheme is a big deal to me.

Look at the gallery photos. The promotional shots for ROTJ SE show that on the EE3 the scope is only half of a scope. Almost like it was cut in half and then attached to the gun. You can see this here.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gall...p11513-boba-fett-special-edition-costume.html

When the scenes were put into the film the EE3 had the full length scope just like it did in the scenes in ROTJ.

Which is one of the reasons why you should decide which version of the ROTJ SE suit you want to do because the promo shots and the film show different features, like Mullreel said.

Oh whew! I am going with the film version so I'm safe...or am I? Thanks for clearing that up sir. I had just finished my blaster build and almost had a heart attack when I read alexmiller1 's comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I originally started out to do a ROTJ SE but changed to straight ROTJ when I got to the point of not being able to decide which exact thing was the best......

Oh whew! I am going with the film version so I'm safe...or am I? Thanks for clearing that up sir. I had just finished my blaster build and almost had a heart attack when I read @alexmiller1 's comment.

It's a bit daunting when you see how many different things there are between all the versions. What I've been doing is comparing between the gallery photos and the 501st crl since my goal is 501st tier 3 rotj. That being said I know that if I strive for the standards on here I will certainly pass the 501st requirements. The best thing you could do is go to the bounty hunters guild and get the info about the movie version of SE from there.

I am looking at getting 501st for SE promo shoots. Which seems the biggest difference is the braided piping on the right misle and half scope on EE-3. Lewis from HFX hyperfirm is doing my blaster for me and is cropping the mounting/half scope for me.

The ROTJ SE movie scenes shows Boba Fett without a weapon, while the ROTJ SE stills/promo images have the already mentioned EE-3 blaster with the half scope. Here are the specifications of the ROTJ SE from the movie:

border="2" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="600" style="width: 600px"
|-
| colspan="3" style="height: 19px; width: 201px" | Costume Parts
| style="width: 250px" | ROTJ SE Movie (Don Bies scene)
|-
| rowspan="18" style="height: 19px" | Hard parts
| colspan="2" | Helmet
| ESB Hero with ROTJ and post ROTJ marks
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Jetpack
| ROTJ Stunt damaged #2
|-
| rowspan="13" style="height: 19px" | Armor
| Collar plate
| Repainted Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right chest plate
| Possibly Pre-Pro #1 or Pre-Pro #3
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left chest plate
| Repainted ESB Hero
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Center diamond
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Abdominal plate
| Repainted Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Cod plate
| Possibly Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Back plate
| ROTJ Hero/ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Back belt
| ROTJ Hero/ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right knee pad
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left knee pad
| Pre-Pro #2
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Shoulder bells
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right Gauntlet
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left Gauntlet
| ROTJ Style
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Boot spikes
| None
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Weapon
| None
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Shin tools
| None
|-
| rowspan="8" style="height: 19px" | Soft parts
| colspan="2" | Ammo belt and pouches
| One of the ESB Promo variants
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Wookie braids
| Reused Pre-Pro #3/ESB Hero
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Cape
| Possibly ESB Promo #2
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Flight suit
| Hard to tell
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Vest
| Hard to tell
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Boots
| Possibly ESB Hero
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Belt pouch
| Pre-Pro #3/ESB Hero Type
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Spats
| Hard to tell
|-

ROTJ SE - Movie.jpg

This is a little off topic, but why can I see the flare on the end of the flamethrower in the first pic (upper left corner), but not in the second pic next to it? Did they use more than one gauntlet for the left side? Or am I seeing things?

Also, in the lower right corner pic, Don looks like he's being chastised for having the gaunt on the wrong arm lol

I am looking at getting 501st for SE promo shoots. Which seems the biggest difference is the braided piping on the right misle and half scope on EE-3. Lewis from HFX hyperfirm is doing my blaster for me and is cropping the mounting/half scope for me.
As mentioned previously there are multiple differences in the costume, some not easy to pick up. Head to thebgh.net and actually READ the CRL in progress. Major Almost has it locked down and ready to go.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

Last edited by a moderator:
The ROTJ SE movie scenes shows Boba Fett without a weapon, while the ROTJ SE stills/promo images have the already mentioned EE-3 blaster with the half scope. Here are the specifications of the ROTJ SE from the movie:

border="2" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="600" style="width: 600px"
|-
| colspan="3" style="height: 19px; width: 201px" | Costume Parts
| style="width: 250px" | ROTJ SE Movie (Don Bies scene)
|-
| rowspan="18" style="height: 19px" | Hard parts
| colspan="2" | Helmet
| ESB Hero with ROTJ and post ROTJ marks
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Jetpack
| ROTJ Stunt damaged #2
|-
| rowspan="13" style="height: 19px" | Armor
| Collar plate
| Repainted Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right chest plate
| Possibly Pre-Pro #1 or Pre-Pro #3
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left chest plate
| Repainted ESB Hero
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Center diamond
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Abdominal plate
| Repainted Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Cod plate
| Possibly Pre-Pro #1
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Back plate
| ROTJ Hero/ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Back belt
| ROTJ Hero/ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right knee pad
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left knee pad
| Pre-Pro #2
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Shoulder bells
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Right Gauntlet
| ROTJ Style
|-
| style="height: 19px" | Left Gauntlet
| ROTJ Style
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Boot spikes
| None
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Weapon
| None
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Shin tools
| None
|-
| rowspan="8" style="height: 19px" | Soft parts
| colspan="2" | Ammo belt and pouches
| One of the ESB Promo variants
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Wookie braids
| Reused Pre-Pro #3/ESB Hero
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Cape
| Possibly ESB Promo #2
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Flight suit
| Hard to tell
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Vest
| Hard to tell
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Boots
| Possibly ESB Hero
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Belt pouch
| Pre-Pro #3/ESB Hero Type
|-
| colspan="2" style="height: 19px" | Spats
| Hard to tell
|-

View attachment 105826
There are more differences then this. The ammo belt for one has more ammo pouches then ESB does, and how the belt pouches connect is different from ROTJ just to name a few.

If someone seeks 501st credentials you must read the crl in progress on thebhg.net

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back