General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

Couldn't resist replicating that archive PP1 photo.
IMG-20190203-152554-01.jpg

Among several issues with my submission, I've had to change my 1" knee armor straps to 3/4" ones and reduce the girth belt gap in the back to 3"-4" wide.
IMG-20190203-204300.jpg

IMG-20190203-204352.jpg

The rest of the issues are easily resolved by minor adjustments when I suit up. Unfortunately due to the week long holiday coming up and my being overseas the week after that, I won't be able to retake my submission photos until 2 weeks later.

Weird the CRL says
  • Knee Armor appears to attach via a ¾ - 1" dirty white elastic strap, around the back of the knees and weathered according to visual references.
Im not sure how youre going to make your belt 4" longer, but I agree with the 4" gap

Weird the CRL says
  • Knee Armor appears to attach via a ¾ - 1" dirty white elastic strap, around the back of the knees and weathered according to visual references.
Im not sure how youre going to make your belt 4" longer, but I agree with the 4" gap

It appears I've been wearing my girth belt too low over my cod+kidney armor, hence requiring more length. Moving the girth belt higher to around my waist, I was able to reduce the gap to 4". Helps if I stop breathing too :D

Last edited:
Sharing this girth belt strapping with fellow ROTJ builders. It is completely different from ESB.
IMG-20190203-235615.jpg

IMG-20190203-235638.jpg

Based on this reference
full.jpg

Fett historians and experts may correct me if this is wrong.

Man this build will never be finished!

I finally found a connector that somewhat resembles the one in the reference photo in a previous post. It's not essential (to my knowledge) for 501st approval, but I personally think it adds to the overall aesthetics of the original jetpack. Now I just need to find the appropriate conduit to slip over the cable.
IMG-20190204-103651-01.jpg

IMG-20190208-131402-01.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely phenomenal Tennant! I read tho, on the IG comments that you’re still not approved!?! What in the world!?!

Maybe I’m missing something on the CRL, but isn’t infamous level the blue? To me I think the spacing comments are a little nit-picky. That is, unless, they plan to use your submission photos for something...? Hmmmmm?

Looks great. New CRL pics.

Thanks Greg!

Absolutely phenomenal Tennant! I read tho, on the IG comments that you’re still not approved!?! What in the world!?!
Maybe I’m missing something on the CRL, but isn’t infamous level the blue? To me I think the spacing comments are a little nit-picky. That is, unless, they plan to use your submission photos for something...? Hmmmmm?

Thank you so much your kind words brother. I view it as a challenge to achieve the best version of my build, and I'm sure the intentions are legitimate.

Two main issues about my submission have been flagged to me. I want to share them here with fellow ROTJ builders so you know what to look out for in your builds.

ROTJ-corrections-25-Feb-2019.jpg

I think it's pretty self explanatory. Fixing the return edges on my collar is manageable, but altering the vest shoulder tabs is deceptively complicated in my case. Reducing the height of the shoulder tab is the easy part. Note the fold at the arm seam and around the chest on my vest, indicating that there is slack in the chest circumference. One, I'm not sure if it's possible to correct this and two, it may cause my grommet placements to shift. I will have to consult with a tailor about this, but plan B would be to get a new vest made by Carole.

The saga continues...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back