General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

Corrected the color on my right hip pouch this morning. I airbrushed over with Tamiya deck brown and misted grey over it to pull back the saturation slightly.
20181204-ROTJ-BOBA-FETT-COSTUME-ARCHIVE14023-FACEBOOK-3240px.jpg

So almost a year back, Fett 4 Real pointed out that my right chest plate was missing a dent, but I didn't know how to resolve it until Sean bh19812 posted his process recently on his awesome build thread (THANK YOU!). I applied heat from under the plate with a gas lighter just long enough to soften the material, then carefully pressed in with the handle of a diamond file to form the dent. And voila!
IMG-20190128-222421-01.jpg

Last edited:
Loving that paint up. Kinda nervous about painting..the PP2 will be my first

Credit where it's due, Bobamaker did the beautiful paintwork on my armor. All of it.

Your build is coming along very nicely man. Loving the detail work you're putting into it.

It looks fantastic! I have a BM flight suit also and looks a lot more 'blue grey' so just wondered if it was lighting.
Mine was blue-grey too, but I've weathered it with shades of brown and the studio light probably washed out the blue in these photos.

Hey "T" You look Fantastic !! Awesome looking Job Brother !! Good Luck !......Even though I don't think you need it !

It looks spot on! Ill probably be using mixture of brown and black dirty down to weather it up so hopefully I can get the same effect!

I recommend spritzing some water on the fabric before you apply your weathering medium. The damp fabric will react with the paint and produce natural weathered aesthetics. Have fun and good luck!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back