General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Ever since I got approved for my SE costume last April, the thought of this conversion never strayed far from my mind. As much as I love the combination of the ESB helmet and ROTJ...well...everything else, I aspired to build a version that is true to the original trilogy. Eventually, I commissioned AFFo$ to paint up an Animefan helmet in ROTJ style and he sure didn't disappoint.

20180115-_Fett_helmets-002-3.jpg

I upgraded the rangefinder assembly with a Terminal Fettler topper, Dakota's hollow aluminium stalk, and Fettinator Industries light kit.

20180210_111905-01.jpg

20180210_111835-01.jpg

The right ear cap originally attached to the helmet via a long Chicago screw tube that was installed into the cap. The tube was too big for the aluminium stalk, so I cut it off and changed the attachment method to a magnetized one.

20180210_110306-01.jpg

To ensure the stalk stays upright, I embedded a magnet into the ear and stuck a 0.008" steel sheet on the stalk in the corresponding position.

20180210_134147.jpg

Video of the lights in action

Then comes the nerve wrecking process of adding physical damages. Normally this would be done pre-paint, but somehow this was missed out, probably due to my negligence to request.

20180210_231808-01.jpg

20180210_231855-01.jpg

20180210_231909-01.jpg

I weathered the stalk by spraying on Mr Color Spray Smoke Gray and scuffing it up with steel wool.

20180211_160407-01.jpg

20180211_160713-01.jpg

Last edited:
You know.... I'm sitting here bored at Starbucks and a thought just came to me Tennan. If you really want to distress that thing and have some realistic gouges in it, mail it to me. I'll let my toddlers loose on it for a day and ship it back to you. Pretty sure that not even being used as a Rancor's chew toy would have the same effect. Just let me know ;-)

You know.... I'm sitting here bored at Starbucks and a thought just came to me Tennan. If you really want to distress that thing and have some realistic gouges in it, mail it to me. I'll let my toddlers loose on it for a day and ship it back to you. Pretty sure that not even being used as a Rancor's chew toy would have the same effect. Just let me know ;-)

You are terribly generous and I will most absolutely...be grateful for what I have. Thank you for your kind offer. Good luck with your toddlers!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back