Thank you Dom. I am aware that the left gauntlet was fiberglass, hence I got one from Lou and have been working on it. I also learned about the battery door issue recently, but I've already installed it by then.
My hunt for the perfect left gauntlet indicator lamp has concluded. I was directed by an awesome dude on Facebook to the supplier of the one on the far right on account of its size and metal shroud. It is an incredibly close fit and I'm absolutely pleased this.
I got lucky with yet another vintage part find! The lining in this 1970's Ultimate Climbers helmet is almost a match to the screen-used helmet. Now I'll have to either source for a British riot helmet or fabricate the chin strap system.
Sun's finally back out so I can push on with painting my left gauntlet. While it seems the screen-used prop was weathered topically, I'm going to attempt to combine layered and topical methods on mine.
Silver base coat
Flat black layer before Floquil Rock Island Maroon
I was able to find them easy to purchase on ebay. Still from the UK. But I picked up a few to make it work while shipping to the US. Also when I get them I will put a couple up for sale in the cargo hold. They were $4.04 dollars each plus shipping.
I scratch built the unknown switch on the battery cover from a random piece of plastic by carving it to shape with exacto and various files. The word "BATTERY" was patched up with epoxy putty. As you can see, I stupidly decided to do this AFTER I masked the damages and sprayed the first layer of Rock Island Maroon.
The weather finally cleared up so I could continue with painting my left gauntlet. I applied 3 coats of Rock Island Maroon and 1 thinned coat of Mr Hobby wine red so it would match the Bobamaker colors. The toothpaste masking was removed and I refined the damages with a scriber. It will be misted over with black and grey next.
The metal ring on the indicator lamp was painted the same color as the gauntlet and chipped with a scriber.
The toggle switches on the right gauntlet were removed and I patched up the holes with epoxy putty. Smaller holes were drilled to match the reference. The challenge now is to match the Bobamaker color and blend them in.
Misted black over the gauntlet body and assembled the components before the grey goes on.
My push buttons originally stood too tall, revealing their screw threads. So I loosened them and simply lowered their profiles to match the reference. They were then painted with the gauntlet red and weathered.
*I just saw from this photo that the bit under the buttons should be black. This will be done tonight.
The zero button (top row second from right) is fully depressed like the reference.
Wrapped up the left gauntlet upper exterior! I added more nicks and fine scratches to enhance the weathering and misted grey over the complete ensemble.
A quick comparison against my Bobamaker.
The gap above the keypad was filled with epoxy putty as seen in reference photos.
The push button necks were painted black. Still not 100% happy with these buttons as they have flat tops and the ones in reference photos have convex tops. I may swap them out if or when I find the right ones.
I'm waiting on a dual CR2032 battery holder with switch to wire this baby up.