Belt Leather

I'm thinking of making a belt for my custom, and was wondering what people use for belt leather (ammo belt)
i feel silly asking this, but I've never worked with leather, so i don't know if there's a special type/thickness/rigidity to use for a good belt.
if i missed any tutorials/threads please let me know, and for those who've made belts, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most people buy 'pleather' or 'vinyl' that looks like leather, and 'gift wrap' it around whatever shape boxes you are going to use.

You can get decent leather and make a belt/boxes out of it, but leather, especially thick belt leather is very expensive.

If you want a thick belt, heavy heavy leather, go buy a 'weight lifting' belt from play it again sports. They are cheap, HEAVY leather, and you can cut and play with it till your hearts content, and there will be extra leather once you cut your primary belt out of it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back