Attempt at a ROTJ RKD Armor Rattlecan Paint up thread

Neo Fett

Active Hunter
I will be updating this post as I progress in my paint job.

Main armor:
Rust-Oleum Metallic Aluminum
Rust-Oleum Striping Yellow
Rust-Oleum Hunt Club Green
Krylon Olive Leaf

20161027_112405.jpg
20161027_105102.jpg

Knees:
Open to suggestions
Rust-Oleum Satin Strawflower

Shoulders:

Open to suggestions
Rust-Oleum Satin Strawflower

Last edited by a moderator:
For the knees and right shoulder, I used rustoleum equipment yellow. For the left shoulder I used Premium Decor Sunflower Yellow.

For the knees and right shoulder, I used rustoleum equipment yellow. For the left shoulder I used Premium Decor Sunflower Yellow.

The equipment yellow would be CLOSE to ROTJ's color....

Zenix...keep in mind the yellow outlines on the green armor is brushed on....to be accurate you might want to consider that....I would spray that paint into the cap of the paint and brush it on myself....

As far as the color....I think huntclub is close to the ROTJ color....but theres ALOT of misting on the armor.

The hunter green is very GREEN...I used to use it for the back of the ROTJ helmet when I used rattle cans.

Theres a satin strawflower color I used for the knees and shoulders outlining....again those are brushed on, on the real suit.

Youll need to mist black on the green armor pieces over the top of all other weathering....which theres lots of different shades of green on there... experiment with things but try not to mix rusto and krylon or you might end up with mush....as they don't get along

Finish with Testors dull coat. Best of the several I tried. I used Krlon spray paints. They dry much faster than Rustolium.

Rangfinder.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back