ARISTON’S ESB BUILD (WIP)

ApolloInd

New Hunter
Hello TDH! I’m usually active on the RPF, but my time on TDH all started when I purchased one of Dakota’s 3 Amigos Helmets (the very first MCR helmet ever pulled from his mould!). I got into its construction, the vintage Floquil paint colors etc. Well, now I want to do a Full ESB suit with an awesome SE helmet to accompany it! I want to do a whole thread to document my work on this project, as it will be quite lengthy! (And expensive lol) I know I will thoroughly enjoy building it though, hopefully it can be helpful for others as I share my experiences along the way, and ask questions to other builders!
Cheers,
-Ariston

I’ll be starting with this of course!!
C721EB33-3EF2-4323-BA13-07DF58E00D15.jpeg

Last edited:
*NOTE: I intend to use as many vintage parts and paints on this beautiful cast as I can!
The current parts list:
-MCR 2nd Gen ESB Lineage cast
-MCR Metal Ears and Stalk
-Terminal Fettler RF Topper
-JC27 Light kit
-Elstree Precision Borden
-Casio MQ-1
-Sidewinder Visor clips

VINTAGE FLOQUIL & MODEL MASTER
PAINTS

STILL HUNTING:
-Polaroid Viewfinder lens
-Chin Cup
-Chin strap
-Helmet harness

To begin the Helmet, the fiberglassing was a bit off, and I knew this before I purchased it! So I added a bit more to the inside of the bucket in thinner areas. Now it’s quite weighty and feels VERY solid! It also had a couple small brush marks left from the casting process which I filled with a tad bit of spot putty.
0409C624-21D7-4778-885E-6DE3056F2434.jpeg

Attachments

• 9EA26D0B-8220-483D-AD2B-D5F2399B7BC1.jpeg
    9EA26D0B-8220-483D-AD2B-D5F2399B7BC1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
I also sacrificed this beautiful Casio MQ-1 to the “Fett gods” as I’ve seen posted here before haha. It came with the box, instructions and a carrying pouch!
F3B51C9D-260C-45C5-97A9-83E21FC86E7B.jpeg

Hey Ariston, you have a great start so far! If you goal is to do a screen accurate suit, then you have to chose which version you want to follow:
Well, now I want to do a Full ESB suit with an awesome SE helmet to accompany it!

For a full ESB you'll have to eliminate most of the physical scratches and cracks on the helmet, but for a ROTJ SE the helmet should remain intact.

Also, don't throw away the remaining of the MQ-1 calculator, as some parts were used on the gauntlet or on the Supertrooper automatic blaster. The lower half of the circuit board was cut and used along with the keypad on the left gauntlet:
MQ-1 Circuit Board & Keypad.jpg

The battery cover was used on the original sculpt of the left gauntlet:
boba-fett-left-gauntlet-inside MQ-1.jpg

The other end of the calculator (the part with the hook ring and the Reset button) was sawed off and used on the Supertrooper automatic blaster:
Supertrooper MQ-1 Part.jpg
Blaster Plate Original.jpg

Hey Ariston, you have a great start so far! If you goal is to do a screen accurate suit, then you have to chose which version you want to follow:

For a full ESB you'll have to eliminate most of the physical scratches and cracks on the helmet, but for a ROTJ SE the helmet should remain intact.

Also, don't throw away the remaining of the MQ-1 calculator, as some parts were used on the gauntlet or on the Supertrooper automatic blaster. The lower half of the circuit board was cut and used along with the keypad on the left gauntlet:
View attachment 218033

The battery cover was used on the original sculpt of the left gauntlet:
View attachment 218034

The other end of the calculator (the part with the hook ring and the Reset button) was sawed off and used on the Supertrooper automatic blaster:
View attachment 218035View attachment 218036
Wow I knew some of this, but definitely not all of it, thank you for adding!! :)

About the SE helmet, I like the ESB armor the most, but I feel as if I should keep all of that beautifuly cast damage in the helmet casting since it’s there! Since it’s still technically the ESB but also not at the same time hahaha. Idk if that eliminates it from being 501st approved (because it still has the ESB required damage, just plus some) but even so i’m not really worried about it! (I might get another cast and do a normal ESB bucket at some point as well if the supplies allow anyways)

Again thanks a ton for your help, and I plan on using your awesome stencils to paint up the helmet!
-Ariston

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back