Anyone ever made the switch??

Just curious -- I mean, I LOVE my SE Fett and I busted my butt to put it together, but has anyone ever had the urge to try and switch movies?

There's the little itch every once in a while that whispers "Hmmm...you got the hardest part of the ESB kit done in the helmet. You re-dye the flightsuit a little darker blue..."

And inevitable I think "I'd be crazy to go through all that again"! I'd be a fool to paint over my jetpack or armor since I think I pretty much nailed em, so I'd be selling off parts and then I'd be doing most of this all over again!

Still....the temptation.... :D

Just curious. Anyone else ever felt it?

contemplating making an ESB suit
Building it completely seperate from the ROTJ I have now
so, not transitioning into another movie, but creating a new suit to go with another movie.

I'm working on my first ESB, and I don't think I'd ever the ROTJ. I do like the gauntlets, especially the color, as it breaks away from so much green, but I really dislike the jetpack paint scheme.

I would possibly make a custom Mando, or maybe something from The Clone Wars series future episodes. i have a friend planning on doing that new Mando from season 2. I also like many of the Clone Trooper variations.

I always thought the SE was mainly just ROTJ costume with an ESB helmet, + a few other minor differences, but I've been told otherwise... Also a closer inspection of the scenes in ANH, Fett is wearing the ROTJ lid with the ROTJ costume... Basically, I thought I knew but I'm not really sure now :lol:lol:

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can fill us both in :D

Hey Guys,

A lot of new faces here... well I'm almost done my ESB, just painting my FPH.

I really love the ESB suit and "Movie" helmet.... but seeing all the ESB suits lately is getting tired.

I remember 10yrs ago, it was all ROTJ or SE... and I was tired of them as well..lol

but I really like the look of the ROTJ helmet.. I may one day tackle the rainbow suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Holiday Special Fett was a possibility for me, but I generally just troop events locally, I don't really get to many Cons ( yet ! ) so I didn't want to confuse Joe Average Guy that would see me.

I've even thought of doing the original action figure costume, similar to my Avatar on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
but seeing all the ESB suits lately is getting tired.

I remember 10yrs ago, it was all ROTJ or SE... and I was tired of them as well..lol

True that!!!!! When i started, there were like 5 of us doing ESB, now they are definatley the dominant suit!!! But...something tells me we are gonna be seeing a few more pre-pros popping up!!! Which will be way cool!!!!!!!

True that!!!!! When i started, there were like 5 of us doing ESB, now they are definatley the dominant suit!!! But...something tells me we are gonna be seeing a few more pre-pros popping up!!! Which will be way cool!!!!!!!

Ya I'd really like to maybe change to PP3 suit... that one is the best.:cheers

The Holiday Special Fett was a possibility for me, but generally just troop events locally, I don't really get to many Cons ( yet ! ) so I didn't want to confuse Joe Average Guy that would see me.

I've even thought of doing the original action figure costume, similar to my Avatar on the left.

Your avatar... much like my avatar!

The original action figure Fett was based on pre-pro 2 I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I like the color scheme. I think it's also similar to the 12" Boba Fett from back in the day too, the one with the grappling hook and string.

I love the colour scheme, I think it's awesome!
Yeah, the 12" Boba Fett figure was also based off the Pre-pro armor, because those figures came out before ESB, so they didn't have ESB Fett to base it off of yet.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back