Anybody ever cut up an MQ-2?

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I have had an MQ-2 for a while and was planning on cutting it up and fitting it to my gaunts. Has anyone ever done this? If you use an MQ-1, do you leave the rubber in there to make the buttons pushable? Thanks!

I have had an MQ-2 for a while and was planning on cutting it up and fitting it to my gaunts. Has anyone ever done this? If you use an MQ-1, do you leave the rubber in there to make the buttons pushable? Thanks!

Regarding the rubber, yes, but I had to dig out the recess a bit so everything would fit, but I left out the contact board, so you can press them in but they're non-functional.

Not the same, you are much better off with a accurate cast, instead of inaccurate MQ-2 part.

B6EFAC9E-87BB-4B1A-A75C-B247CC255F55_zpsui1ppkuk.jpg3E135D0A-0899-4D58-8FE6-591BD27E674B_zpsyisfshfo.jpgADEC9AD1-AA18-4CDB-86BC-712387A00CD2_zpsyupdqi9p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I've got it, so I might as well try it. I figured I would just cut out the buttons on the left side, add a slot on the left hand side and fasten that with the part that angles upward. I will post what I come up with. I have some 3D printed keypads and keys and I just wasn't satisfied with them, which is why I went for the MQ-2. At this point, with all of the money I have in, I could darn near buy an MQ-1.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back