And another Scratch-Built EE-3 ESB


I wanted to hold off on posting this here until I got her done or at least mostly done. I posted the final pics in the "official" thread, but thought I'd post some of the WIP shots too.

I hadn't planned on making this one until I ended up picking up some of the Molex plugs from Steveday when he had his stash and then said, what the hey! :lol: So I started researching this and scoping out the great info you guys had gathered here and gave her a whirl.

All that's missing now is a little darker coloring in the barrel and frame and the sling.


FullView.jpg

Front.jpg

rear2.jpg


This has been 1 LONG project to get done, but it's been one hell of a learning experience. I really liked to way the Plexiglas held up.

So, final material list:

Stock - 2x6
Grip- Oak pallet frame
Webley frame- Plexiglass
Barrel- ABS pipe
Scope mounts- Styrene and ABS
Scope mounts- 1x4 pine
Scope- Webley scope with a BSA bell on end.
Stock greeblies- Resin casts from Omega_Man

Here's some of the progress shots....

I used some oak for the grip and a 2x6 for the stock
3.jpg


Here's the stock/ grip frame...
4.jpg

I used 2 layers

The main body, it's 3 layers, with the hammer a separate piece. I heated and shaped a small piece for the thumb spur and glued it to the hammer.
1.jpg

1.jpg


2.jpg

1.jpg

0.jpg


DSC02389.jpg


pre-paint.jpg




Here was the finished Webley, before the conversion...

Webley-left.jpg

Webley-right.jpg



Of course, suggestions and critiques are more than welcome.
Thanks for looking. :D
 
Top