Aluminum vs Steel. Whats your preference?

tteF aboB

Active Hunter
What is the consensus on Testors Aluminum vs Steel for painting your armor and helmet? The Aluminum seems more shinny to me.

BOBA PHAT

Active Hunter
Aluminum is brighter, and chrome is brighter still. Try a mixture of both. It gives the "metal" parts some realistic subtle differences. If your going either or, I'd say aluminum.

M

METALBOY

Foe best results make sure you are using the TESTORS paint wich can be buffed after it dries.

tteF aboB

Active Hunter
BP: Meaning mix the two together or paint different areas with the two separate paints?

MB: Its right out of the tiny little bottle. Im not sure if that can be buffed. If it can please let me know.

thanks guys.

Jaster Mereel

Active Hunter
Aluminum would be more shinny in the respect of doing a Jango & much more lighter in weight. How ever Steel on the other hand would mostly be more heavy, plus if anybody tryed punching you in the gut, you won't feel a thing & they'd feel bad in the morning :evil

V

Vec Toryn

Jaster Mereel wrote:

Aluminum would be more shinny in the respect of doing a Jango & much more lighter in weight. How ever Steel on the other hand would mostly be more heavy, plus if anybody tryed punching you in the gut, you won't feel a thing & they'd feel bad in the morning :evil
Ya, that steel paint sure is strong stuff...

:lol:

M

METALBOY

tteF aboB wrote:

BP: Meaning mix the two together or paint different areas with the two separate paints?

MB: Its right out of the tiny little bottle. Im not sure if that can be buffed. If it can please let me know.

thanks guys.
TA: If you are airbrushing what you have it might be buffed when dried but TESTORS already have them in small spray cans. Those are the ones I'm talking about.