Aluminum VS Resin/Plastic/Rubber Shin Tools for Trooping

themacalu

Jr Hunter
Looking at getting shin tools soon. Weight, accuracy, and cost factors are in play here but I'm more interested in the practicality of aluminum shin tools for trooping. Has anyone trooped with them for 3+ hours? Care to share your experience? TIA

Hey brother, i never trooped with aluminum shin tools, so i cant officially help you there, but id say they are def heavier than the found parts or resin ones. Rubber ones may be heavy as well, but again, never had em so cant be 100% on that.

However i have shin tools made with the found parts, and mojos aluminum rods. They are very light and have been going for quite a few years with no issues. I also make resin ones, they are a little heavier than the found parts, but not much. The resin ones i make are direct casts of my personal shin tools, so they are very accurate. Obviously the found parts are accurate as well :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back