Almost done!!

StormyFett

New Hunter
Alright so I've been hard at work these last couple weeks and I'm so close to being done with my Jango!! :-D Right now I'm stuck on the boots though. How have you connected the snaps into the heels of the boots to allow for the attachment of the boot spats straps? Any advice would be much appreciated!

What I did was put the snaps straight through the boots and then used nylon straps for the look. Then underneath I used Velcro to keep it from flopping around while walking. It's hard to explain but hope it helped :)

Oh sorry, I got a small drill bit; pre drilled the holes, then I shoved a 2x4 in the boot so I had a hard surface to hammer the snaps then hammered them together. The snaps you get at Walmart work fine they are about $4 (make sure to get heavy duty) and they come with the tools. I prefer to use the punch and anvil that come with them rather than the pliers because they are easy to maneuver. I'll try to post pictures to better explain.

Her goal is to get the costume done by Dragon Con this year, and that will be her "test troop" to see how everything goes, what will need to be tweaked, etc. She's about 5'5" with thin arms/legs, so a few things had to be tweaked to fit her body best. We had to put a lot of foam inside the gauntlets to make the best fit on her arms, and also had to cut 1.5" off the bottom of the backplate so it sits OK on her.

The jetpack/harness she bought used here on TDH, and the taller previous owner set the straps up higher so for her the jetpack ends up sitting lower on her back. The bottom of the jetpack rests against the closure flap on the ammo belt instead of resting higher on her back like the taller Jango's packs do. After D*C maybe we'll have to recut new holes in the jetpack and move the entire thing upwards to be more accurate, but she said it's comfortable right now resting the weight more on her hips than up high against her shoulders more.

Also due to the fact her feet are female shoe size 6 and that makes them a men's 4.5 shoe size, she's not going to be able to find the correct boots in her size, so we're going with a SWAT style boot that has a somewhat chunky traction sole like the Jango shoes and mod them out to look Jango-like. Both the jetpack and shoes issues I discussed with SEEKER and he said that is fine. We have to go with stability over accuracy when she has to get her body used to wearing the costume and moving around with a jetpack on and all that. Besides the boots not being "correct", she's going to be running all quality parts:

Asok helmet
Cruzer Cold Cast armor
Dark-side Cold Cast knee armor + darts
Fettpride Cold Cast gauntlets ( 1 of 3 pairs in existence, I've heard - SEEKER and Foxbatkllr own the other 2 )
MOW arena jetpack / SEEKER harness
BKBT leather belts set
Got Maul metal blasters ( 1 of 12 sets made before MR released their metal blasters )
Bobamaker Jumpsuit and Vest
Navy Blue leather dress gloves from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back