General Alco push button switch

Can't you still buy a version of these from RS electronics that are even closer? Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that even the newer modern versions look extremely close. To be fair Level3 makes a good point.

That's a pretty cheap price. I used the 106f and another with a fatter base that I can't seem to find in my pile of parts

i used the 106f because i actully used the switches for my RF servo. the 106F is a momentary switch. the 106D is on off. This one is on-on-off..so it appears its a 3-way switch, so not sure how usable they would be for actual function. But for looks it looks the same to me!

Great point Lou. The white sheet shows as push on/push off, but Will's website link shows it as on-on-off.

i used the 106f because i actully used the switches for my RF servo. the 106F is a momentary switch. the 106D is on off. This one is on-on-off..so it appears its a 3-way switch, so not sure how usable they would be for actual function. But for looks it looks the same to me!

I'm trying to keep cost in mind, especially if I'm buying in bulk. Tbh, I hadn't really thought about function much and I'm not sure how many guys would really use it. I'd like to find something with a single row base though, something not as 'fat'.

I supply either the mpa106f or the mpe106f with my servo kits. The mpa version has a smaller collar than the mpe, and they both are single pole switches meaning they only have 3 terminals on the bottom not 6. The best price I have been able to find them is around $10 each.

Can't you still buy a version of these from RS electronics that are even closer? Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that even the newer modern versions look extremely close. To be fair Level3 makes a good point.
I'll check them out, thanks Andy.

What are everyone's thoughts about the dual pole 206? Do you think the base will stick out too far inside the gaunt? I have to admit it's a great price at $1.95 each and I really don't feel like dropping $500 or more for 100 switches if I can help it lol.
Think I'll look around on evilbay as well.

And what do you all think of these?
MSPS103C0: Alcoswitch/Tyco Electronics : Push Button Switch (N.O.) Single Pole Single Throw Round Plunger 0.5 Amp 125 Volt AC Solder Lug Panel Mount : Electromechanical

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 'em! Also, I now have the red lamps for ROTJ left gaunt as well. Now I just need to order the little black momentary and/or on/off switches for the ROTJ flamethrower.

20161128_133729_zpsbujvfak1.gif
<br>
20161128_133738_zpscsr0agfz.gif

- - - Updated - - -

These are the correct single pole 106D's, correct?

Those are fine for the correct look. For the servo use i used the 106F as its a momentary switch and that works best for the RF servo set up. These however work for an on/off for a light, or smoke set up, sound clips etc.

I got these a lot cheaper than the RS ones and considering the fact that only the metallic silver part sticks out, I don't think a lot of dudes are gonna really care. I'll be passing on my savings to everyone else too, of course. But yeah, for those guys that want the originals I think those are great.
Thanks for those links Andy!

So, the 'RS' ones are Honeywell with RS part 339-241. In order to find the number I had to dig through my parts box where all the components for a found part Luke ESB. Hopefully this part will get me to get myself in gear. Thanks RKD.

I got these a lot cheaper than the RS ones and considering the fact that only the metallic silver part sticks out, I don't think a lot of dudes are gonna really care. I'll be passing on my savings to everyone else too, of course. But yeah, for those guys that want the originals I think those are great.
Thanks for those links Andy!
for sure... they just need to paint the tip black...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back