Cape Advice on cape construction

Japanfett

Jr Hunter
I am constructing my first ESB Fett build with the help of a great deal of Bobamaker components, however i would like to make the Cape from scratch and so any advice would be appreciated.
From reading the forums, there is a lot of advice about material (wool, canvas, Nylon etc) and on dying methods. The majority concensus is for canvas and thankfully it something i should be able to get my hands on despite the limited resources here in japan, but will have to either paint or dye the strip. Painting i have no issues with but i have never tried dyes so advice is much appreicated.

You'll have to paint it. If you try a dye method it will bleed into the other color and you'll never get a crisp clean line.

When I make my esb capes I do them in panels. If you have access to a sewing machine it's actually quite easy. That would eliminate you bleed problem. Screenshot_2014-11-05-09-04-37-1.pngScreenshot_2014-11-05-09-04-48-1.png

When I did mine I used a suiting wool, then I taped it off, and sprayed it with an orange spray paint. Then I hemmed the top and sides. Took all of 2 or 3 hours from start to finish. And I'm pretty happy with the final. I still need to rip it up a bit.

tmp_22588-IMG_2113783640_zpsd8c2cfb6.jpg

tmp_27651-IMG_21141446038886.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back