Adding the dent help

OrdoJas

New Hunter
Hi guys, i recently purchased a dentless Anime Fan helmet (resin) as i was going to make a custom mando. however i have changed my mind on that and want to do a ROTJ build instead.

My question is, what is my best option to adding the dent in? the small scratches etc dont bother me, i can do them with a dremel easy enough, but the main dent in the dome im a little puzzled on. I have read elsewhere that using a heat gun would work and just pressing the helmet in, but i cant imagine it looking very good that way, a bit smooth and unrealistic. my original idea was to just cut the hole out, put something covering the back of the hole and using something like car body filler to create the right shape.

anyone else had to make their own dent? what would some of you more experienced builders suggest? im quite new to costume building so dont really have much experience yet! thanks guys!

If it were me I would just buy a different helmet and either have two (which is what I seem to always do) or sell the undented one to even out the cost.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back