$35 Boba Helmet (My practice piece) - PICS

I used a two part Bondo that was hard as a rock in less than three minutes... I wouldn't suggest using the same kind that I used.

EDIT-

Also, theres more than just the seam at the top that needs filled. Theres also some dents where the post/hole slots are. You can see them from the inside on the fifth pic at the top of the thread. On each side of the epoxy, there are molded tabs... Well, on the outside, those molded tabs are dents.

Thanks. :)

Its a Sterilite trash can from Walmart... Same type from AFFO$'s thread. The curves were already there. I just taped the templates where I needed the curves, and then traced them with a Sharpie.

Still needs some heat gunning though. The back plate, shoulders, cod stuff, all still need to be formed better. I did a sample piece with the heat gun and it curved great, so there shouldn't be any problems once I get that far.

There were no knee armor templates in his PDF though... Anyone know off-hand where I should look to find them?

and to think... when i was a kid, THIS was a rockin' Boba costume!

ben_cooper_fett_costume.jpg

(and i actually do have one of these to this very day. oh, how i wish it would fit me!)

i was chewbacca for halloween one year. i think i remember the costume falling apart by the end of the night due to the cold and cheap material. how did you get the backpiece formed? i've been working on mine from a garbage can and am having a hard time forming it.

More armor progress, see second post.

Hey what did you do between the last time you posted progress pics to this point? The green looks different (and better I might add) ... is it just a change in lighting, another coat of paint, weathering, ...... what? Kepp up the good work right there!:cheers

and to think... when i was a kid, THIS was a rockin' Boba costume!

ben_cooper_fett_costume.jpg

(and i actually do have one of these to this very day. oh, how i wish it would fit me!)

Hey, how old is that (what year did ya get it?) I wonder if it's considered vintage or not. If not, why not bust it outta the box ... it'd be cool to see what that looks like

Fanboy... I used a Wagner heat gun, and a big bowl of ice water. Heat it, form it, dip it, done.

Jimmy... Not sure what you mean. Thats just primer on the armor, and the helmet hasn't change. May just be the way the flash is, and isn't, picking things up.

EDIT-

The helmet still needs the big scratch thats on the back right quarter, and it needs dull coated. Not sure if thats what you meant or not. Right now, the bucket is still glossy from the satin paints.

I did add the black/green grime to the front though. And I still need to do some work on the mandibles.

Heres what it currently looks like:

grimey005.gif

grimey001.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have to paint around the right ear and weather the whole thing. The gold ear is REALLY gold, I wanna try to tone it down with the dull coat, and black pastel.

The gold ear is REALLY gold, I wanna try to tone it down with the dull coat, and black pastel.

Ya got a shot of what the ear looks like right now? I see the lastest picture ya posted ... but it only shows the side of the ... I was hopin' to see what the face of the ear looked like before ya weathered it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back