$35 Boba Helmet (My practice piece) - PICS

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
$35 Boba Helmet / Mini Fett Costume - PICS

This is my sons $25 Jango 2 piece that I'm using as a practice helmet. Lucky for me that he changed his mind to Boba. I get to do this one before I dive into the Sgt. Fang. At $25 for the helmet and $10 for the upgraded visor, I think that it was a pretty good buy.

I've never done anything like this before... No Bondo work, no detailed painting, nothing. I think its coming along pretty well considering. I know that its not totally accurate, but hey, its for a 4 year old. :lol:

I probably could have done a better job with it by building up that ear section and scratch building a new right side cap for it, but to be honest, I just didn't think it was gonna come out as well as it did. Plus, the dimensions are off on a bunch of other things as it is anyway.

Here are some pics, let me know what you guys think. I'm using AFFO$'s paint list, and as much of his technique as I can. He's been pretty helpful via PM's. Great guy.

In any case, feel free to give me some advice, opinions, tips, wisecracks, etc. I just wanna see where I stand with this... But be nice to the noob. ;)

Thanks,

Shawn

-------------------------

Stock:

7f_1.gif

gtgtgt.gif

-------------------------------------

Dent added, seam filled, sanded, and primed.

5.gif

-------------------------------------

almostdone.gif

After some heavy weathering, and dull-cote:

DSC00724.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Huntman

Active Hunter
wow deja vu that's almost exactly what I did except for the dent. guess now I will have to add that, now that I see how it's done.

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
Thanks for the nice words guys... :)

-----------------

Skirata,

You'd think from the pics, and how shoddy that it looks on the inside of the dent, that it'd be pretty weak right? Well, at one point I got so frustrated and so PO'd that I tried to put my finger through the dent... lol... All I did was end up stubbing my finger. The thing is solid. I don't know if thats the correct way to make a dent or not, but its definitely not going to budge. I say go for it.

-Shawn

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
Its Rustolium American Accents Midnight Blue (satin), misted with with Krylon Hunter Green (satin)... Per AFFO$'s list. I had to replace the American Accents Antique Blue with Midnight Blue though. The Antique Blue has been discontinued, so I've read.

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
I stalked him around TDH and read all of his posts, then PM'd him to fill in the gaps. ;)

-Shawn

--------------------------------

Added another pic with the visor, and the ear cap glued on...

------------------------------

Sponged some paint in on the back to fill in a gap in the khaki...

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
Thanks again, guys...

I'm gonna be at a stand still in progress for a while until my paints arrive at the hobby shop. They aren't colors that the shop stocks on a regular basis. I can't wait to get this thing sealed and dull coated so it stops looking like toy and more like a helmet.