TCW Republic Backpack scratch build

Fierfek

New Hunter
Greetings all, after seeing the Republic backpack sported on Padawans and Troopers throughout season 2 of TCW I couldn't wait to tout one of these around. I still have a lot of bondoing and sanding to do though, but it’s come a long way. Also, I recently fabricated some polyester straps as well as the tarp covering that I tried to keep true to the animated version. Feedback and comments would be appreciated.

2010-06-17 00.29.32.jpg

2010-06-17 00.29.07.jpg

2010-06-17 00.29.51.jpg

2010-06-17 00.29.24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I am considering producing a couple more and converting one into a cooler and another into a pet taxi. For now this is my new laptop case.

Here is a pic of the backpack painted with decal, tarp, and attached straps. Subsequently, I have field tested this fully functional pack with a 20 lb huttlet of a pug for 2 miles without any stresses or damage. Also, the tarp is waterproof and is magnetically sealed at the front. I still have some plans yet to be instituted for the interior for additional functionality.

2010-07-08 14.06.56.jpg

2010-07-08 14.04.43.jpg

The backpack is roughly 17(in) tall. I have made the straps adjustable to allow for compromise to the wearer especially with consideration to the troopers chest and backplate. I will also be working on a child size as well as a slightly larger size with more dedication to screen accuracy as I am not completely satisfied with my results.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back