Leather Clone Shoes, my own pair, IN PROGRESS!!!!

crow62

Active Hunter
Hi fellows, I think I can put a WIP about the making of my own leather shoes, my familiy have a sport shoe factory so, I will use these resources to make my goal, let`s start.
This was my inspiration wall:
inspirwall3..jpg

This the final design
finalshoedesign3&#.jpg

The Matrix ready to cut
readytocutleathe&#1.jpg

Two kind of surfaces
twoleathers2..jpg

The left leather it is grainy and the right leather is flat, let me know what kind of surface have I to use?
Grainy or Flat?

In my next post I hope to show you the sewing work. Thanks your opinions!!
Giovanni
CROW62 :D

Leather Clone Shoes, my own pair, IN PROGRESS!!!! PART TWO

Thanks your interest Woodman, I am sure you will not be dessapointed, check at this

After cut the leather parts goes to the sewing machine and this is the result:
sewingleather.JPG

Before assembly, the designer made an final inspection (that step beat faster my heart, don`t you?)
designfinaltest.JPG

Now start the assemble, reinforcing inside the boot
reforcingpiece.JPG

This part is amazing, the assembler make a state of art with his hands, my respects!
assembly.JPG

I put the shoe in a brown flat sole only for reference, the final will go WHITE
almostdone.JPG

Here a closeup, remember that the shoe is not completly inmersed in the sole is only a photo test
closeup.JPG

I am here, a proud guy with an almost done nice clone shoe:D
meandmyfirstcloneshoe.JPG

Tomorrow will glue the white sole, I can´t wait for use it in my feet, may be I will don´t sleep tonight!!

I hope you like it, if is possitive for you let know your friends this post.;)
Thanks in advance:
Giovanni
CROW62

Very nice shoe making. This is a subject that I have been interested in for some time and not been able to tackle due to the complexity of a custom shoe. I too, look forward to seeing you wear them. Please post pics when done.

Thanks again Woodman and clone six, here my today update:

Well, today was the final stage and here are the pics,enjoy it!! :lol:

Here the polishing surface previous the glue:
polishingsurface.jpg

A thick glue layer:
addingglue.jpg

When the sole came out warm from the oven go directly to the shoe:
soleovenouttoshoe.jpg

When the sole and glue are warm yet, it is time to put inside the air press machine.
totheairpressmachine.jpg

Finally, here is the inner right shoe view:
innerview.jpg

and the outer left shoe:
outerview.jpg

If you have a TK trooper prop, may be you remember the English Jhorpud leather boot and his black ellastic wand in the side, I use it the same but up in the inside front:
Jhorpudblackelastic.jpg

Finally, it´s time to test the shoe in me, many of you may be jelauos, :lol:
Ok, I agree with you, I am skinny, but the boot is georgeus!!:
firstrealtest.jpg

Now inside both boots, even looks great to daily use, hehe, BUT NOT, IT IS ONLY FOR SW CLONE TROOPERS, YEAHHH!! ;)
evendaily.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED...(TOMORROW) :lol:
Giovanni
CROW62

Impressive dude! I want a pair! This is the only component of the Clone suit that I dread. And I like the sole, I need height to look square in my armor and your shoes have the look I need. I like the clean look of the lines of on the side of the soles, and the toe area looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice job. I think you will have a healthy interested parties list if you decided to offer them up to the public. This has been one of the dreaded chores of building up a clone. Love how they turned out.

I agree with the other posters, extremely good work Giovanni, I think they might be the best Clone Boots I have yet seen.

If this was to be put into production, I am certain you would corner the market and have great demand. I would certainly be interested.

Giovanni here.
Thanks all of you, I am really glad with all your comments, and yes, I can make in other colors too.
Well, this weekend I was searching how to fix the side sole`s and the strap thickness!!!

SOLE:

I try with the sand machine and yes, it works, the problem is that take many time and the handy man payment is higher, so, a dremel or a sand session in your hands, will fix this unaccuracy, (after all, you will be proud of finish the shoes on your own hands), and just to demostrate that it is possible, I sanded a section:

aftersandmach.jpg

STRAP:

In some forum tutorial post I found strap made in PVC pipe, and in sale and trade of another clone trooper forum, I found amazing straps in other clone forums.

My opinion: many of you guys have that casting straps, the main are leather and of course the leather it is flexible, I think that a strap has to be harder not softer, so, if I make shoes for you will go BY THE MOMENT with this leather straps. (I am searching locally silicone RTV for casting, so, in a near future I will can send with more hardener straps).

About the shoes price:
Searching the web I found from 70 usd to 350 usd and not looks like my shoes and the cheaper it is not in leather, it is in plastic layers. I am calculating the final cost to show you in the Sale Run Forum.

About sizes:
Of course I want to make happy all of you, BUT, I live in LA (Latino America, not Los Angeles, lol), so, locally the standard sizes goes from 37 to 43(EU) that means 4.5 to 8.5 in UK, or 5 to 9 in US.
I am searching foot molding for more bigger feet, so, don`t be sad, will take some weeks but I will do it.

By now I am going to put my first run in the sale section with these sizes above mentioned, here a size chart:

SIZECHART.jpg

About shipping I see that EMS and CERTIFIED mail, both have track number, the difference are 5 days more.

If someone can help me with the materials names or the blueprints to make the straps showed above, will be apreciated.

Giovanni
CROW62

Hello friends, I have good news: I found a local manufacturer of shoes last, work years ago in the USA and has blueprints to manufacture stock shoes last until number 14, (I will show you the progress) :eek:
So, to know that I do shoes last to first begin work on the shoes, I need to give me your shoe size ;) .
For now here are the first group to have shown interest:

REMEMBER THAT THIS SURVEY IS ONLY TO FIND OUT WHICH NUMBERS ARE USED MORE THAN SHOE, THEREFORE INVOLVES NO OBLIGATION OF ANY PART OF YOU.

Size 10:
Mrmandalore
Hagen_Nor´ak

Size 11:
James007Bond

Size 11.5:
Woodman

Size 13:
CMAnavy

¿Hola, el leñador aquí, podrá usted hacer mi par en negro con suelas negras? puede responder en español y yo lo traduciré

Muy buen trabajo amigo felicitaciones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solo una pregunta por distintas reeferencias en fotos que he visto las suelas son sin ningún tipo de rayas o dibujos, usted lo pudo obsrvar? Muchas gracias y nuevamente felicitaciones por su increible trabajo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo

Muy buen trabajo amigo felicitaciones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solo una pregunta por distintas reeferencias en fotos que he visto las suelas son sin ningún tipo de rayas o dibujos, usted lo pudo obsrvar? Muchas gracias y nuevamente felicitaciones por su increible trabajo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For english speaker people, a little traduction: "Nice work friend, congrats.!!!!! Just a question, in some picture references that I saw, the soles have not lines or draws, did you see? Thanks again and congrats. again for your incredible work."

Hola Leo, muchas gracias por tu bello comentario, lei en otros posts que debemos conversar en ingles para que no paresca que hablamos en clave, je je. asi que te respondo en Ingles:
I used these soles by two reasons:
First: it is the only avalaible in my market, the good new it is that I am making right now the moldings for the clones using the SW visual references, so for the 10 to 14 sizes will be flats, days later will post the pics.
Second: In this forum if you make a work sand, joint or paint in your armor stuff it is the hobby reason, so, sand the side soles it is OK, using a dremel or a sanding machine you can take out the lines and draws, so you will feel proud of finish your shoes, like the proud of finish your armor.
Let me tell you that my daughter live in Bs As, she graduated in Palermo and stay there working, nice to see Tango`s people here. LOL
Giovanni

¿Hola, el leñador aquí, podrá usted hacer mi par en negro con suelas negras? puede responder en español y yo lo traduciré

Hello Jolly, Thanks for visit my post one more time, if you see the sizes list in CTn, you are there with the black color remind, I have your 11.5 shoe size, you will have to wait a little more, The shoe lasts are near finish and the molding of soles is in progress, and yes, I can do in black color. Do you have the pair straps?.
Giovanni

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back