Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura

He started (approx) July 4 08, and finished (approx) Apr 4 09, so 9 months.

That is correct. However, there was quite a while during the winter months that I didn't make any progress. If you were to add up all the actual work time I'd give it a couple of months.

Thanks! What I'm working on now is kind of a secret project. If anyone from my home town or local area is reading this... Please, keep a lid on it. My cousin's son was recently asked to be the mascot for our local High School. However, one of the things that goes with it is they have to come up with some kind of out fit or costume. My cousin was telling my big sis about it. She didn't tell them, but knowing the kind of stuff I do she passed the info along to me and thought I might be able to help them figure out how to do it on a budget. They are called the Ironmen, so... guess what. I'm working on a pepakura based Iron Man. I haven't really told anyone except my sister and another friend... and you guys now. I thought I'd do some of the larger "identifiable" parts and give to my cousin as a donation to the school. I have the helmet almost ready for some glass. I'm not going for screen accuracy but more for wearability. I might try and post some pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been going back through this thread and i've got to say, I am HUGELY impressed!I actually joined just so I could congratulate you, t-bone for a fantastic piece of craftsmanship and skip for supplying the pattern in the first place!

I've been trying to find a way of getting hold of a RG helmet myself and you have given me real insperation to have a go, even if it's not going to be up to this standard lol

Thanks. Give it a go man. This may sound sappy or something but, I honestly believe that if you have everything you need, with enough patience anyone can accomplish anything.

Thanks for the vote of confidence t-bone, we'll have to see how it goes! I have the plans, the card, the PVA glue... Any other useful hints, tips and tool ideas would be much appreciated

Well, I'm looking at your plans and just wondering what's to cut, what's bend, and do the numbers corispond to anything such as matching tabs etc. It's just down to inexperience I'm sure, but it's a daunting prospect. Won't let it beat me though :) Any advice would be much appreciated

Well, there's not much foldsing to do to make this lid. You want it to look as smooth as possible so it's better to bend the parts rather than fold alond each fold line if that makes sense. Fold the tabs by all means but that's about all you'll need to fold.

The numbers correspond to the each other. So tab 23 glues to edge 23 on another part if that makes sense?? I find it difficult to explain myself. LOL!

Key tip though! Start from the dome and work down! ;) And take your time. ;) Sometimes only work one tab at a time, you don't want to rush only for the glue to be too wet to hold it together. ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back