Hello from San Diego

Overlander

New Hunter
Greetings TDH,

I am 46yo, married, and have two great boys, 17yo and 19yo. My boys and I are huge Star Wars and Doctor Who fans. I finally made the decision about 2 years ago to join the 501st Legion. It took me over a year and a half to complete a 501st-approved sandtrooper that I am very proud of (TD-50176), and I have been having a fantastic time trooping in it over the past 9 months. With all the effort that went into it, I really thought that I would not want to start another costume any time soon. But, the desire is back; I guess I have forgot how much work it is.

So, I have been weighing different options over the past few weeks. I am not fully committed to this choice yet, but what seems to be the clear front-runner for me is the white prototype BF/supertrooper. I would also love to do either an ESB or ROTJ, but we have a few members in southern California that have very nice Fett's, and I really don't want to compete for trooping time with them. But it really comes down to the fact that I just love the prototype/supertrooper version in all-white. I guess that is the stormtrooper/sandtrooper in me.

It seems that there are only a handful of prototype Fett/supertroopers completed. I am looking forward to connecting with those folks to work through this process, if (as?) I move forward.

Cheers,
Mark

Welcome! I must say that there are an extremely large amounts of parts/detail that go into any version of a Fett build. I think the best part of a supertrooper build is not worrying about the crazy painting that goes on. Of everything I have done so far, the paint has been the most difficult and time consuming, not to mention financially draining ( if you mess up ;). Good luck with your build and never hesitate to ask questions! Rafalfett is one of the most knowledgeable guys around about any Fett build, and I'm sure there are some existing super troopers with a ton of knowledge. See you around!

-Kevin

Thanks for the welcome, gentlemen.

Kevin, the same idea regarding the paint has gone through my head. Sometimes, I wondering if I should just go with one of the standard Fett's, if I am going to go ahead with the financial outlay for everything involved. But then I also consider how much easier it would be to not have to worry about the elaborate paint scheme. I am still mulling it over. If I don't do some version of Fett, I will definitely do a custom mando.

Mark

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back