My Designs - Ogden Caahl

Windshield wiper blades work great for that.

I would suggest not making your blade out of metal if you don't want to be potentially tossed out of a convention =) You can make some sweet blades out of sintra.

As long as you mod the gun well enough to where you can't tell it is an airsoft rifle...it should look great, and still keep the basic shape.

You have done a very good planning process of this costume, when I started mine, I had nothing near this.

Keep it up brother!!!

yeah, I think it'll work out.

This is the idea I have for converting it...
carbine.jpg

I'll probably do some modding to the stock as well, but until I have the gun I can't determine what I can and cannot remove while keeping it functional.

Might mod the grip too but not sure.

Here's the Gauntlet Blade design:
gauntlet_blade2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For T tracks you can also some times get reflectors with the right shape on the bottom stick. The type of reflector you use along your driveway, the little circle on a stick kind.

For the stock you most likely will be able to remove it. Then you could flip it over and attach it to the handel. I really like this verson, it has a real Star Wars gun feel. I may borrow it some time if I feel like makeing it.

T tracks?

I had thought about just making the blade out of wood. I'll probably try a few different ways. Where can I find SIntra?

I think I'm going to leave the stock where it is... it just doesn't look right on this gun if it's on the grip... I tried ;)

And I found the site I was talking about where you can get the vent ribs: http://www.blast-tech.com/home.asp

Anyone know anything about them? Had any experience with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
T traks are the name that most people call the ventign ribs from the e-11.

If you use the plastic ones like I said you will save a bundel, but your going to have to find cheap reflectors.

yeah, I think it'll work out.

This is the idea I have for converting it...
carbine.jpg

I'll probably do some modding to the stock as well, but until I have the gun I can't determine what I can and cannot remove while keeping it functional.

Might mod the grip too but not sure.

I used that same Airsoft shotgun for my blaster rifle, and took it apart to the point of being non-functional. The pump action has to be movable in order for the gun to work, or you'll have to attach some sort of hand lever to the metal cocking piece inside the pump grip. I sided with having a non-functional blaster, and filled the barrel with silicone. PM me if you want pics.

I have a feeling if your carfule that you can keep it working. If you end up getting one of these airsofts, and want to keep it working. Post up internal pictures and I will try and help you find a good workaround.

I'm not worried about keeping the gun itself working... In fact I didn't expect it to.

I meant keep the stock functional so it'll still extend.

The stock will be fine I have a gun that has that sort of stock. All the parts that are needed to keep it workign are sef contained in the outter stock shell.

this is going to be one of the coolest custom mandos when it is done. love to see the complete suit mods and not just new paint schemes

looks to be coming along great

I think I've decided on a backpack:
ogden_back.jpg

Yup, that's an upside-down, modified Snowtrooper backpack.

I plan on making it hinged and openable.

Anyone know where I could get one? :D

I like the luger look more than the modern carbine. Its more starwarsy, but both look good.

To answer a couple other questions. I believe that the 'mythosaur' skull in bobas case is called 'the deaths head' emblem. When I did some work on a starwars game in the 90s, there was a section on that. I dont remember the details but a google will probably show you.

For venting. I used 'window pane molding'. Its found in wal mart for like $5. I actually built the whole gun, in like a half hour.
gun.jpg

Its got double sided tape thats ultra sticky, I cut it and placed it on, it made really nice venting, and it held paint well.

The gun cost like 15 bucks total, theres a thread about it in the blasters, but looking at the pics its pretty self explanatory.
The thread is called $16 dollar 1 hour ee3 or something.

Im going to try to find one of those lugers, so if you find a place shipping them let me know.

The Mythosuar skull, known as "the Mythosaur skull" is common amongst all Mando'ade AFTER the KOTOR era (some Mando's during the KOTOR era wore it but the normal emblem was different). It's marked upon their armour and ships (for example the Bes'uliik class assault fighter), is used (in stylised form) to represent MandalMotors and others. It's NOT unique to Boba or the Fett clan, that's what chest sigils are for.

The modern Mandalorian skull (From atleast 1500bby) is that of Master Jaing, a great Mandalorian combat master. The skull Boba has is the Jaing skull, however the emblem pre-1500bby could possibly be a Mythosaur skull. Since there have never been any pictures of a Mythoaur ever produced, then we really don't know. I know it's already been confirmed in Star Wars Insider that it is in fact Jaing's skull on modern (1500 to present bby) Mandalorian armor.

Orthar is correct about clan and affiliation marks, as those commonly go on the chest. However some also put them on the opposit shoulder from the Jaing skull.

Since the mantle covered it up the main picture just thought I'd show you what my Chest Armor paint scheme will be(With some prelim weathering)

chest.jpg

I'm Naas Atiniir (commonly known as Naas'buir), and I approve of this Mando'ad, it's pretty sweet.

Keep up the nice plans, this'll look kandosii

:D

I like the luger look more than the modern carbine. Its more starwarsy, but both look good.

To answer a couple other questions. I believe that the 'mythosaur' skull in bobas case is called 'the deaths head' emblem. When I did some work on a starwars game in the 90s, there was a section on that. I dont remember the details but a google will probably show you.

For venting. I used 'window pane molding'. Its found in wal mart for like $5. I actually built the whole gun, in like a half hour.
gun.jpg

Its got double sided tape thats ultra sticky, I cut it and placed it on, it made really nice venting, and it held paint well.

The gun cost like 15 bucks total, theres a thread about it in the blasters, but looking at the pics its pretty self explanatory.
The thread is called $16 dollar 1 hour ee3 or something.

Im going to try to find one of those lugers, so if you find a place shipping them let me know.
Is your site, starwarsuniverse.com?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back