Durge armor templates?

Tricky

New Hunter
I've seen pics of a guy here & at the 501st wearing a very cool set of Durge armor, as a matter of fact I've seen progress pics of the stuff right up until the finished product thru the last few years, & I'd really like to make my own set.

I haven't seen WizardofFlight posting on these forums in a while but his BF/JF templates are so good that I'd love it if he did some Durge ones. I've got 3 different Durge SW figs & will end up incorporating some version of his gauntlet guns into my custom Mando, but I just can't suss out the size issues on how to get my little 3 3/4 figs armors to my 5'9 size.

The Durge of which you speak is none other than Thomas Spanos (aka The Clone Emperor), the LMO of the 501st. He artfully sculpted the Durge armour himself and cast it in fiberglass.

What I would recommend to figure out scale issues would be to create a duct tape dummy and sculpt on top of that. Research as much as you can on reference pictures, and plan out what you want to do, as detailed as you can make them. Best of luck to you.

I've seen pics of Thomas, long red haired Imperial Knight guy Ganner Kreig, he makes some very cool costumes.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to do any of that. :( The whole sculpting with clay & then making resin/fiberglass molds deal, I'd be so lost. Si too bad that Durge's wave of popularity is over cause of his death & all, in my lifetime I'll probably never see a commercially available costume or WoF templates of it. But damw, it looks so cool!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back