Custom Mandalorian Commissioned Helmet and Armor for a Lady Merc WIP PIC HEAVY

MLS

Active Hunter
I havent done a whole lot of commissions for a while now, been pretty busy just trying to keep up with normal orders. This one sounded fun...

I was given these pics as references for the helmet and armor. armorscheme.jpgHelmet Color Scheme.jpg
We decided on the weathering and extent of the battle damage... and I went to work.

Started with an old MS1 I had from a while ago. This lady merc needed a smaller bucket and I think the MS1 is the ticket.
p1.jpg
I filled in the dent, sanded off the borden, and filled a few details... and we're off. Primered gray.
Next I put 2 coats of aluminum on the lid... at night, in the blurry dark...
p2.jpg
Then applied our liquid mask...

p3.jpgp4.jpg..and another coat of primer.

...and started slingin' paint...p7.jpgp8.jpgp5.jpgp9.jpgp10.jpgp6.jpg

Added more color... p14.jpgp12.jpgp11.jpgp13.jpg
and attached the ear with a magnet.p15.jpg

...and that's where we're at for the night!

Put some more detail into the scratches, cut the visor (have not yet installed), and secured the rangedinder to the aluminum stalk. Waiting to hear back weather or not to give it a "dust up."

p16f.jpgp17f.jpg p19f.jpgp18f.jpgp20f.jpgp21f.jpgp22f.jpgp23f.jpgp24f.jpgp25f.jpg

And the armor...
The armor was provided by the buyer, with battle damage already done to the armor. I started the same way as the bucket, with primer, aluminum paint, liquid masking, and primered again...
awip3.jpgawip2.jpgawip1.jpg

And now the fun part...
awip4.jpg.
That was as far as I got the first day. Today I finished it... Dusted up from the boot covers to mid thigh. Layered weathering and paint chipping.

a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpg a5.jpga4.jpga6.jpg a8.jpga7.jpga9.jpgaa11.jpgaa10.jpgaa12.jpgaa14.jpgaa13.jpgaa15.jpgaa16.jpgaa17.jpgaa18.jpg armorscheme.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back