Adhesive for Sintra.

lilburndiablo

Well-Known Hunter
I am trying to make my jet pack out of some scraps of Sintra I have. Does anyone recommend what sort of adhesive would be good for putting sintra together?

Also - - - Can someone direct me to a good link for the best hand made jett-pack which sort of show the correct measurements/increments.

Thank you kindly! :jet pack

SUPERGLUE to connect! Inside reinforced with duct tape!

Tips...TK409 has a Mini Fett section of his site - go here http://www.tk409.com/fett.html. It has a link for a child's chest armor and jet pack... however, the general geometry and proportion seems pretty good. If you try hard and use reference photos, it may be useful to do something like you are wanting (as a starting point). Here is a cross section shot from his site...

14.jpg

Good luck! I attempted a larger version and used some gator board, duct tape and tried to make a stunt pack for my ski-trip, though I did not wear it on the slopes. It looked pretty good and took about 2 hours.

Superglue, Crazy glue works great on Sintra. Make some small cuts ont the areas you are going to attach so the glue sinks into the cuts for a stronger bond. Use a rasor blade or exacto knife to make the small cuts.

Yup, super glue works great on sintra. When I made my custom jet pack I used super glue to piece everything together and then I reinforced it with a glue gun.

Most of my costume is made of sintra. I use a glue called power poxy all purpose adhesive. I found it at Walmart. It's claims it's just like super glue, but it doesn't stick to your hands. It doesn't stick to your hands and it works well with sintra, but it doesn't work as well as regular super glue on all materials. I like it because I'm horible about glueing my fingers together, but if your using more than just sintra I'd use regular super glue on the other materials.

Seal All... It's a contact cement that holds Sintra like nobody's business. Built my gauntlets with it. No reinforcment required other than smoothing seams with bondo.

Hi :)

I'll ask this question here to save starting a new page ... is there a UK equivalant for Sintra ? as people just look confused and point me in the direction of flooring tiles when I ask ;)

Thanks

FettTheHunter said:
Hi :)

I'll ask this question here to save starting a new page ... is there a UK equivalant for Sintra ? as people just look confused and point me in the direction of flooring tiles when I ask ;)

Thanks
Sintra is a brand name. I don't live in the UK, but at my local plastics store I have to ask for expanded pvc. It's the same thing. Hope this helps.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back