General ZamLubbock WIP

ZamLubbock

New Hunter
I am very excited to start my first post to establish my WIP on The Dented Helmet for Zam Wessell. I have been researching many things. Printed off over 100 reference pictures from many of the Zams before me. I have received good input from the Texas Panhandle Star Wars Costuming & Props group of 501st and Rebel Legion members. Just ordered the Greebles from Pink Wessell - my Christmas present to me! Hope to post lots of progress soon.
IMG_1121.jpg

Good luck! It's time intensive. Cost too. But a really neat costume when you got it finished. I've been on it nearly a year, and all I need are some changes and gauntlets. To be fair, I'd be done if I hadn't spent time on two Star Wars children's costumes and their Jedi robes. I doubt it will take you as long. :)

Silvermitt - I am thinking I can get it done in a year. Waiting to get past the Holidays and then begining lots of work. Good luck with yours too!!!

Silvermitt - I am thinking I can get it done in a year. Waiting to get past the Holidays and then begining lots of work. Good luck with yours too!!!

Not sure if this bit of advice will help you, but take full advantage of spring and summer weather if you plan to airbrush your leather or use anything with strong fumes. Some of this can be pretty messy and I found it best to be outside.

Printed the blaster from the thing verse file. Used the services from our university to have the parts 3D printed. Then glued, sealed and sanded. Sealed with a product called smooth on. Then painted. :)

IMG_0619.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_2099.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back