POSSIBLE JANGO VEST & FLIGHT SUIT RUN!

Uh, I don't think anyone was expecting a free or even dirt cheap vest. No need to get so defensive. Nobody is questioning your accuracy or your pricing. We all appreciate the work you put into your personal project and the work you are going to do for other members. Just because its out of the budget for some people does not mean those people were expecting a dirt cheap vest.

So please, for those of you that aren't interested there's no need to post, for those of you that are serious in putting together a great and have the income to support their hobby and desires, let me know!(y)

THX

:cheers

what ever happened to "PM's"???:lol: ......
hey buddy Great job on the work in getting this thing together....I would say to ALL, get it while it lasts. Runs like this won't, and don't come often....

and been seeing allot of unwarrented posts around the board. It's almost as if people are just trying to ruin threads.......:p
I say, leave it to PM...(y)

Fellers, hold up a sec. I think all GBH is saying is that because so many people showed interest in this run, it looked like he was going to be able to do it. Now that people are posting that they're backing out, it's just really upsetting to him (if anybody's ever sold anything, it's the same feeling ya get when the buyer backs out after a few weeks of saying he/she is gonna pay.)

The vest is all leather ... I don't think I have to state that it is an expensive material (GBH ... I sure hope ya didn't drop a couple thousand in advance on materials and are now stuck with it.) And as I've been told, sewing it, trimming it, etc. is not a cheap process due to the materials required.

GBH said he needed 15 people ... probably to keep the cost down (i.e. buying material in bulk.) I find it VERY hard to believe that GBH is tryin' to make $100 off each sale ... the prices are probably darn near the best he can do.

I understand where GBH might feel a little upset. It can be discouraging. I've been there ;)

The price does seem a little high for the vest to me at first glance but I understand how much work goes into an all leather item and I can respect the cost of materials and labor. If you do it yourself you probably won't do it again and would try to find someone to do it for you. I've seen other jackets and vests go for a lot more ... like a Mal coat for $500 or a rocketeer jacket for $500 plus.

I'm still interested but I need to see if I can generate the funds and be able to commit.

The shoulder closure still looks a little different to me. Yours looks like it opens all the way and overlaps completely while the original looks like it only opens part of the way and is stitched closed at the outer end.

I still like how yours looks but that is one thing I noticed ?? :)

I'm still in, GBH. PM sent.

Here are my measurements:

Neck- 16 inches
Chest- 41 inches
Waist- 31 inches
Shoulder width- 20 inches

Thanks!

How does one add stiffness to the jango flak vest? I see alot of fan made ones, that are either too thin, or made out of too soft a material. in watching the movie, and looking at screen shots, I can tell the flak vest is semi rigid.

This would help to hold the armor in place as well. kind of like an old harley riding jacket in thickness, and rigidity.

DM

Sweet :) I'm still in .. tentatively... gotta arrange fundage.

I wasn't going to mention the piping because I didn't want to be a complainer but I'm happy that you are making it smaller!! :)

Cool beans (y)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back