My current beggining of an open seasons jango fett

Jr Hunter
I have been researching this theme for quite some time now and i have noticed something,or rather the lack of something,something important.The compleat lack of Jango Fett Pre Jaster's death OS costumes.Just so you guys know what armor im talking about its this one\/
Jangoteenager.jpg

So i have decided to fill the gap my self by doing a OS Jango Fett from the battle on Korda 6.I'm really excited about the build because i really like the look of that armor.But i am going to be putting my own little spin on the armor because i will be using westar-34 blaster pistols and a DC-15S blaster carbine because i just like those weapons more then the others.Oh and unfortunately because i don't know how to weather and don't want to risk ruining the costume i will not be weathering it at all.

And yes i know Jango got the westars when he stole the restaured armor from the Kordan governor and that the DC-15s blaster carbine wasn't manufactured until about the beggining of clone wars,like i said i prefer those weapons they look better to me then others.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes i know Jango got the westars when he stole the restaured armor from the Kordan governor and that the DC-15s blaster carbine wasn't manufactured until about the beggining of clone wars,like i said i prefer those weapons they look better to me then others.

I like your idea until you got to this part. C'mon man, just go all out and go with the actual blasters he uses.

I like your idea until you got to this part. C'mon man, just go all out and go with the actual blasters he uses.

Actualy after looking at the comic pics a bit better it apears he uses blasters very similar to the westars...as for the blaster gun he uses i really hate guns that are suppose to be like primary weapons and not pistols and just look like a piece of pipe with a handle and a triger so no way on that part...sorry

Well you could design something original that is based on the open seasons blaster. Or don't use a blaster like that at all. I'm just saying, the DC is going to detract from the costume.

I'm not really sure it will the DC is a very slick weapon very small and elegant,but il think about it,i might end up using the EE3 i know that was in use at that time cause pirate horde's used it in ishues that depicted times before the mandalorian wars...and i do have an old revolver that i can use for its base.

Edit:I'm actually now thinking of changing to a different type of blaster pistol because i think it might look a bit more realistic.
200px-ESBFettblaster.jpg

These are the ones im talking about /\ ,but i cant seem to remember their name .

okay i have been very bussy with my job this week but expect progress pics by the end of this week...

oh and by the way me and my godbrother will soon be entering the market here with ammo belts,possibly girth belts,not sure yet and very possibly jet packs,we will be targeting the european market but we will be shipping world wide,that is if there seems to be interest in those...honestly i hope there will be because: one the money will almost all go to my sisters college fund...second because we will be making high quality items for a fairly cheap price.

well i haven't yet started cutting out panels i plan on starting that today if i have the opportunity to do it,here are just some small progress pics showing the two buckets i currently have and that i'll be using for material...first bucket
Foto000-1.jpg
second bucket
Foto003-1.jpg
chest plates
Foto001.jpg
the belly piece and shoulder pieces
Foto002.jpg

i plan on getting at least one more to get the piece that goes above the chest pieces and the cod piece

EDIT:sorry for bad pic quality and big size i took the pics with my mobile and it has pic size set to really big because its my only means of taking digital pictures that i can copy to my comp and use

ok i managed to cut out the chest pieces belly piece the diamond and the shoulders...pics here if anyone at all interested(doubt it thought)
Foto001-1.jpg
Foto000-2.jpg

EDIT: btw thanks for all the encouraging posts guys

progress report^^!!! managed to cut out neck plate,boot plates and main part of knee plates today,so far still got to buy one more larger bucket(at least) to make the rest of the knee armor and the shin and thigh plates,heres a pic of all the armor i got done
Foto000-3.jpg

oh btw here are the boots i'll be using for the costume,their actually just my dads old army boots that don't fit him anymore but that i can wear(his feet got a bit smaller xD but thankfully i take after him so i can wear his oldshoes and boots,saves alot of money lmao XD)
Foto001-3.jpg

ok just got done cutting out all the basic parts for the knees i'll be gluing them together soon and will be attaching all details of the knees.

Btw guys i wanted to ask if anyone could just point me in the direction of the how to dye a flight suit tutorial cause mine isnt exactly the right collor.The suit is made from twill and its a sorta light brown very very light brown...

well this build has just gone bust completely as i have run short on funds and will have to put it on pause until i acumulate more funds...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back