Jango: My First "REAL" Build

I love those shoes. I would love to get a pair for my 2 1/2 year old, but my wife dresses him in all matching outfits all the time so he would never get to wear them.

Hey there Brothers & Siters! An exciting update....

I just received an AWESOME Bobamaker Flightsuit from Mullreel. I will have to have it altered just a bit, but nothing major. I am now just a VEST away from a completed, not finished (do we ever really "finish" these things?) Jango. WooHoo!!! Here is the FS...

hmmmmm. Something's up with the File Manager. I'll get them posted after a while.

I do have a couple of questions for any Jangos that have a Bobamaker Flightsuit:

1. The Second Sleeve is hemmed low and only gives about a 1.5" flap/cover. How/where do you run the gauntlet hoses? Do you cut an opening and run them inside?
2. Coloring: Do you fade it then hit it with some purple, or just at the purple to its current color?
3. Doe the Bobamaker have a little bit wider neck opening?

I'll get the pics posted soon. Any input on my questions would be greatly appreciated!!

So, I met up with Dynamic1 last night at Hollywood Bowl for Star Wars in Concert (AWESOME!!!); and after some rejuvenation, as well as some friendly (???) shaming from Dynamic, I decided to bite the bullet and attack my Arena Jet Pack! I got it all taped off; even using "the oooold toothpaste-as=liquid-mask trick" in some smaller detailed areas. Now, here's where I have to apologize to all of the "purists:" I know that the recommended darker blue is the Krylon Regal Blue Gloss. With that being said, I think most of you will join me in sating that Krylon rattle cans are HORRID!!! They spatter, run, take more than usual coats to cover, and they just don't "play well with other" brands. So, I had to stray just a bit. I went with some Rustoleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover GLOSS Navy Blue. It's just a tad-bit darker, but it covers in just about two coats; and has a GREAT nozzle. Again, I apologize to the "purists" out there, but I had to take my sanity into consideration. Here are some pics of where I'm at...

Thrusters & Missle.jpgJet Pack & Parts - First Coat.JPG

Tomorrow I'll tape off the dark blue and add the Rustoleum Satin Slate Blue. After that, remove the taping then RandB it.

As always, input is greatly appreciated!!

I think I did the same navy and then went back over it with Rustoleum accents midnight blue. I will have to look at the can tomorrow and see.

I have a can on the krylon regal blue but I never even tried it. It is still on the shelf out in the workshop.

Nice work! Painting the jetpack is always, er...*fun*? Which is easier, arena or Kamino? Ha I used so much tape on mine. Yours is going to look awesome!!!

Well, I busted this out in just two days; about a total of 8 hours (not including the original prime & prep I did about a month ago). The thrusters, Exhaust Vent and Adjustment Bolts are still drying (hence the green tape & the 'flipped' pic), but what are your thoughts?? It obviously still needs to be weathered. Oh yeah, please remember that this is a MoW V1 "Stubby," so there might be some small physical discrepencies. Anyhow, as always.....input is greatly appreciated!!

Pre RnB (Missle & Rocket Caps NOT Attached).JPGRnB & Greebs Drying.JPGRotated Right Side Up.JPG

On a different note: I just purchased some MR Westars (VERY LOW sequence #!!) and should have them in-hand by next week!!!

Thanks for looking!!

I was supposed to post a couple of pics of my BOBAMAKER Flight Suit a week or so ago and completely dropped the ball. Here it is:

JF Flight Suit.jpgJF Sleeve.jpg

I haven't seen a LSFU Flight Suit in person, but I can most definitely attest to the quality of BOBAMAKERS! The material looks nice and heavy, but seems to breathe like a light weight cotton. It totally looks like mechanic's coveralls!! The zippers and other seams are fantastic (straight sewing lines and even hems) and strong. The waist adjustment (elastic and buttons) is awesome! Unfortunately this was tailored to someone else's measurements, but close enough to mine that it was a FANTASTIC purchase (thanks Mullreel!). It will need to be hemmed a bit and taken up in the inseam. Also, obviously, I will be adding the purple tint to it.

My question to you is: Do I cut holes in the double sleeve, since the hem only allows about a 2" overlay?? Thanks in advance for the input!!

Big update today. BIG. HUGE!! Look what arrived yesterday (after pestering our Postal Worker for a couple of days):

IMAG0041.jpgIMAG0043.jpgIMAG0042.jpgIMAG0047.jpgIMAG0050.jpg

Dude kept all of the original BOXES, PLASTIC and STEIROFOAM!!! Todd (at TheRPF) was AWESOME!! Note the low sequence number, 49/1500. Anyhow.....these things are A-MA-ZING!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back