Wiring up my bucket

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
I am finally getting around to wiring up my bucket. First I cut out the window in my topper. Its a DP recast. Works well because 1) its hollow and 2) its what I have on hand at the moment:lol: I then replace the window with a piece of green transparent plastic. I got the plastic from a package of plastic stir sticks I got from Target for 67 cents. I then installed my homemade rangefinder circuit-

IMG_1604.jpg

The stalk is a hollow Bobamaker. Very durable and clean. I had to do zero prep work to it. I could easily run 2 wires down the stalk with room to spare. Highly recommended piece.

I then cutout a spot for an activation switch in the right ear, along with a hole for the wiring to pass. I make these cuts, along with the cuts in the helmet, before painting-

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

Next up is to get some fans installed to wire it all up together. I have some nice small 12V fans on hand, but they didn't feel like they were pushing a lot of air. I might try to find something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 12Vs in mine and they push more air than you think. Try facing one in and one out. Gives you a nice breeze effect.

ooooooo...niiiice:eek:...

need a hollow RF stalk??;)

Hmm whatcha got? I am just started another bucket, hopefully will be even better than this one. I have a stalk for it, but its pretty rough. You know what I really need, is some new ears. At least the right ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, got the fans in. The wiring isn't as neat as I would like, but I kinda hurried on it. I wanted to mount the fans so they brought outside air in, instead of just moving air around in there-

IMG_1682.jpg

The fans are on hinges, they fold down so's you can put it on-
IMG_1683.jpg

Then fold back up, once you are wearing it-
IMG_1684.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back