Feedback please... ESB Boba

gymbeau2000

Active Hunter
I have been slowly working on this helmet. It's a SgtFang, painted using the "One last wafer thin..." as a guide. I used Affo's rattlecan paint list. I had done the back panel first, but was unhappy with it, so I sanded it to mostly bare & will be finishing it this week. I still need to paint the RF earcap & the as of yet attached earcaps. Lastly, I need to do a super light steel wool rubbing on it to soften it a little and a very light blackwash. Just looking for feedback on this future 501st ESB Boba.

4801355928_3071edfc6e.jpg

4801355962_35f1d2bcb2_b.jpg

For what it's worth (coming from a guy who had Slave1Pilot fix p an MR), I think it looks really good, but missing the tiny details. In other words, so small scratches and nicks here and there. Also, could use to graphite colored mist around bottom edges or around dent to simulate carbon scoring. Just a thought. Check out the before and after of my helmet and notice the difference the little scratches make. I think this can be done with a thin silver paint marker topically. Also notice the graphite paint. Not sure this is movie accurate, but it looks good to me.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php/33964-MASTER-REPLICAS-HELMET-RE-PAINTING?highlight=repaint

The metal colors on your helmet look awesome. In fact, much better than mine. Yours just looks too clean if you know what I mean. Dirty it up a little and you'll have a winner because the base rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I totally see what your saying Astro. I plan on taking a compass to it once I get the back panel and earcaps done. I want the entire thing 80% before I do tiny stuff, so that way it flows together. Also, I think the steel wool will help it some too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back