Opening a channel

Fettered

Hunter
I just wanted to say a word of hello. In cruising around a bit this looks to be a pretty cool place. There is certainly some awe-inspiring work being done, and I may be headed down that path at some point soon.

My heart and ability say "yes," but my getting-married-in-a-few-weeks bank account says "hahahahaha!!!"

Welcome and congrats for your marriage in the near future. Don't hesitate to ask questions but use the 'Search' button too. There is so many information here and the Gallery is full with amazing images.

Good hunting!

Thanks RF!

Yeah, there is a wealth of info here. Your contributions have not gone unnoticed ;) Right now I'm just searching and reading, trying to get an overall sense of what is involved/needed to create an excellent repro, as well as sources for pieces and parts for the same.

Thanks RF!

Yeah, there is a wealth of info here. Your contributions have not gone unnoticed ;) Right now I'm just searching and reading, trying to get an overall sense of what is involved/needed to create an excellent repro, as well as sources for pieces and parts for the same.

Awesome! About which Pre-Pro you do your research? Remember to always use the Gallery images as a reference first, then any stencils you may find (these are interpretations of just one person). The best Pre-Pro helmets were painted by superjedi and can be found here.

Those are awesome!

Actually, by "repro" I meant "reproduction." I should probably be careful about wording. However, it is interesting that you bring this up, as I think my favorite paint job might be either the PP2 or ROTJ. However, I cannot get it out of my head that my first fascination with the best sci-fi character ever (well, at least to me) came from ESB when I was quite young. I may begin the journey with a full ESB Fett and branch out from there. I really haven't made any decisions and nothing is set in stone anyway, so any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Welcome Fettered,
If you're torn between ESB and ROTJ, why not go for the ROTJ Special Edition costume? It's the ROTJ costume from the neck down with an ESB helmet.
It's my favorite version of the costume. No matter what any ESB or ROTJ "purists" might say. ;)

Welcome to the boards! Amazing images, amazing knowledge, and most of all amazing members of the board. Everyone here is great to interact with. If you can't find it by searching, ask.

Those are awesome!

Actually, by "repro" I meant "reproduction." I should probably be careful about wording. However, it is interesting that you bring this up, as I think my favorite paint job might be either the PP2 or ROTJ. However, I cannot get it out of my head that my first fascination with the best sci-fi character ever (well, at least to me) came from ESB when I was quite young. I may begin the journey with a full ESB Fett and branch out from there. I really haven't made any decisions and nothing is set in stone anyway, so any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

My mistake. I thought you missed a letter and I supposed you were talking about pre-pro.

If you want the easiest path, then go for either ESB, Pre-Pro 1 and Pre-Pro 3 (the same layered painting method), but if you want the hardest way, go for the Pre-Pro 2 or ROTJ, and the wildest is the Sandy, because there aren't too much reference images (these helmets were painted topical). I guess the pro's will explain it better than me.

Welcome Fettered,
If you're torn between ESB and ROTJ, why not go for the ROTJ Special Edition costume? It's the ROTJ costume from the neck down with an ESB helmet.
It's my favorite version of the costume. No matter what any ESB or ROTJ "purists" might say. ;)

Deffinately a sweet setup the ROTJ SE, still doesnt have a sidearm and a rilfe though haha

I love every version equally working on ESB now after completing my ROTJ

That is a pretty sweet looking deal. For now I am not too concerned with this, but would that particular rig conflict with 501st regulation gear should I ever have aspirations towards that?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back