New ERA Boba Fett Fitted Caps in Japan

Some of you probably saw the Fett Flat-Bill that was posted a couple of weeks back that Hot Topic is selling.

Well if you really have $$ to burn New ERA is now doing SW Fitted 59/50 Caps in Japan.

B09NM595STWBOBGRN1_l.jpg

B09NM595STWJANGRY1_l.jpg

http://store.neweracap.jp/pc/c/c37/

Figuring the current exchange rate they cost a little under $80.

Those look great, the only question is, why do they cost so much more than a hat would in the states? If I'm right the conversion is like $70 bucks!

I found mine in a hat store in the mall. It's a terribly ugly hat in person. All of them are.

Are they the fitted New Era "59/50"? or some other adjustable style?

I find it hard to believe that they are the New ERA, You can't even buy a New Era Major Lead Baseball 59/50 cap for under $35.
I would like to know as I have a few friends interested in them if they were cheaper.

Are they the fitted New Era "59/50"? or some other adjustable style?

I find it hard to believe that they are the New ERA, You can't even buy a New Era Major Lead Baseball 59/50 cap for under $35.
I would like to know as I have a few friends interested in them if they were cheaper.
It depends on what they are made out of. Prior to the 2009 Season, all New ERA 59Fifty MLB hats were made of 100% Wool, which kept their price to be around $24. For the 2009 season, they introduced 100% Polyester hats with a raised embroidered MLB logo on the rear, this brought the price up to about $33 in the United States.

Arizona Diamondbacks 1998-2008, 100% Wool
Wool.jpg

Arizona Diamondbacks 2009-Present, 100% Polyester
Polyester.jpg

The hats look the same, but feel slightly different due to the difference in material, not worth the extra $10, IMO.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back