Materials question, concerns Ironman

Dark Jedi

Active Hunter
Materials question, concerns Iron Man

I've been looking into making an Iron Man costume for a few months, and I have a question about what I can use to build it. Generally, I use sintra or fiberglass to make the hard componets of my costumes, but for this I think that would be to rigid for this costume. Any suggestions what I could use for the components that are need to be flexible so I can move, yet still look decent?

"Best comic book movie I've seen in a while"

dj1500

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of Iron Man costume builds in the general prop building methods and materials section. I'd also talk to "Clone Emperor" as his Durge might be a good comparible project to Iron Man as far as how much coverage it has etc.

Head over to the RPF, this forum is Boba, Jango, and Zam. You'd have better luck on the Replica Prop Forum.

Head over to the RPF, this forum is Boba, Jango, and Zam. You'd have better luck on the Replica Prop Forum.

I've generally found the people here have built more than just Fett's and have really good advice so I ask here first.

not to mention it's a friendlier community from what I've seen and experienced. People here are much more willing to help.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back